Post by a_contemplative_life » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:18 pm

DMt.

Re: Something Wicked Came This Way

Post by DMt. » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:38 pm

Not so far...it's a placeholder, maybe?

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:43 pm

DMt. wrote:Not so far...it's a placeholder, maybe?
Go for it!! It sounds interesting, and explores uncharted territory.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:02 pm

The author is still getting acquainted with the posting process. Once the first chapter gets posted, this thread may be deleted so that the author can start their own.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:55 pm

Furry nuff.

Theinfected914

Post by Theinfected914 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:40 am

One of the biggest challenges is the setting. I have no familiarity with any part of Sweden. If someone who reads this is from Sweden, please let me know how accurate I was with the story so far. Also, I'd like to know where I can get more info on 1980's Sweden.

I need to know the cost of property-- I plan to have Eli and Oskar buy a piece of property. At the end of chapter 4 they meet a woman and I was going to have her buy the place under her name.
I need to know how much money Eli could get if he pawned that egg-shaped looking thing-- this is mainly where the two of them get the money to buy real estate. Remember, you could buy a nuclear power plant.
What kind of cars they had.
How much money could Lacke have had if he cashed in on the stamp collection that was given to him-- I plan to have Gosta, Karlsson, Larry, Morgan try to avenge Lacke's, Jocke's, and Virgina's death. I might just choose one of the four and have the person travel around, looking for the two. After all, they are all bums and probably couldn't leave Blackeberg. That's where Lacke's collection comes into play. I was going to create a backstory in which one of the guys break into Virginia's apartment and finds Lacke's collection because he told the person where it was, before he died of course.
Last edited by Theinfected914 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
"But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated."

--Ernest Hemingway

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:14 am

Theinfected914 wrote: * Sorry if I refer to Eli as he, and I wonder if that even matters to anyone?
Eli's gender is problematic in all sorts of ways :D To me, she's a girl; to others, she's Elias, and therefore a "he". It's not something we fight about, but it would be good if you'll be kind enough to make sure we can figure out who you're talking about when you say "he" or "she".
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:06 am

Theinfected914 wrote:One of the biggest challenges is the setting. I have no familiarity with any part of Sweden. If someone who reads this is from Sweden, please let me know how accurate I was with the story so far. Also, I'd like to know where I can get more info on 1980's Sweden.

I need to know the cost of property-- I plan to have Eli and Oskar buy a piece of property. At the end of chapter 4 they meet a woman and I was going to have her buy the place under her name.
I need to know how much money Eli could get if he pawned that egg-shaped looking thing-- this is mainly where the two of them get the money to buy real estate. Remember, you could buy a nuclear power plant.
What kind of cars they had.
How much money could Lacke have had if he cashed in on the stamp collection that was given to him-- I plan to have Gosta, Karlsson, Larry, Morgan try to avenge Lacke's, Jocke's, and Virgina's death. I might just choose one of the four and have the person travel around, looking for the two. After all, they are all bums and probably couldn't leave Blackeberg. That's where Lacke's collection comes into play. I was going to create a backstory in which one of the guys break into Virginia's apartment and finds Lacke's collection because he told the person where it was, before he died of course.

* Sorry if I refer to Eli as he, and I wonder if that even matters to anyone?
Didn't Lacke tell Virginia before she self-immolated how much he thought he could get for that stamp? 80,000 or something like that I think . . .

If you want to know what kind of cars they drove, Google images for "1980s Stockholm"?

Theinfected914

Post by Theinfected914 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:08 am

There is going to be more to this. I just submitted a prologue and have chapter one written. This story is something I am creating that is unrelated to L.T.R.O.I. Well, I guess the only similarity is that it's a story between two teens trying to fit into society. One of which, happens to be... you'll see.
"But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated."

--Ernest Hemingway

Kenny

Post by Kenny » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:55 am

Sounds interesting, i'll definitly read once it's finished ;)
I was caught up in the moment
We were alone and you seemed to harness the light
Even though I felt cold inside
When you told me it would be alright

Return to “Fan Fiction”