Killing Jonny

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
metoo

Killing Jonny

Post by metoo » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:51 pm

I have been rummaging through my scrap heap, and found this fragment that I have not published before.

I have moved the story to the fan fiction section. It will be available again when it has been approved.

The English translation: Killing Jonny.

The Swedish original: Döda Jonny.
Last edited by metoo on Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

andmker

Re: Killing Jonny

Post by andmker » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:40 pm

So Oskar got to kill Johnny through Eli's memory 🙂 Nice of Eli to share so he can feel that he got his pay-back.

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:47 am

This is a pretty cool idea. I wonder how Oskar's reaction would change depending upon how long it has been since the train ride to Karlstad? :think:
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

metoo

Post by metoo » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:01 am

I wrote this already in 2011, but didn't publish it then. I had this idea that Oskar went through a catharsis in the pool, and emerged cleansed and free of all old grudge. A new life, you know. I also wasn't convinced that Eli would do this to Oskar, effectively making him a murderer driven by hate (as opposed to driven by hunger and necessity).

Still, I liked the idea and the story, and when I came to think about it yesterday I decided to publish it anyway. I also may have changed my mind about both Oskar's new life and about Eli a bit in the meanwhile...
Wolfchild wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:47 am
This is a pretty cool idea. I wonder how Oskar's reaction would change depending upon how long it has been since the train ride to Karlstad? :think:
Yes, that's an interesting perspective. I originally had the idea that this event took place soon after Karlstad, but maybe not. Maybe instead Oskar had been haunted by Jonny's ghost for many ears, decades even, before Eli decided to help him this way?
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

metoo

Post by metoo » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:49 pm

Fo those who read Swedish, the Swedish version of my FF Killing Jonny is now available at the FF section.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:01 am

As to whether Jonny deserved to die--I don't know. But life is full of dangerous pot holes, and it was his bad luck to bully a kid whose girlfriend was a vampire.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Fan Fiction”