Gmail users: ADVISORY

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
sauvin

Gmail users: ADVISORY

Post by sauvin » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:54 am

Gmail has recently taken to shunting mail originating from WTI into the spam folder on my account claiming that large volumes of email coming from gator3082.hostgator.com is spam. If you have your WTI account configured to send email whenever a watched topic is updated, kindly log into your gmail account and review your spam folder. If you find email from WTI, please mark it "NOT SPAM".

Gmail email marked as spam is deleted within a given span of time, I believe one month, and Google's spam filters then updated to screen mail emanating from "spam sites".
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

SpartanAltego

Re: Gmail users: ADVISORY

Post by SpartanAltego » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:05 am

I've had an odd touch-and-go experience of this problem. Sometimes PM and thread notifications come through to my normal mail, other times it's shunted into the spam folder. Very odd.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

Return to “Off Topic”