Let the Right One in Review

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
intrige

Re: Let the Right One in Review

Post by intrige » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:03 am

Looks like I haven't been paying well enough attetion around there, that's a first ;)

I actually like this review. Of corse I have a strong positive bias for anything regarding transgenderism and homosexuality. A video talking about this in depth I felt was needed. But as many have said before me, LTROI wasn't written with the intention of representing gay boys or trans people. Eli for example just is what he is, and is written as a person before anything else. Which is exactly how it is supposed to be done. Eli's gender identity is not the focus of the story, it is a plot point, but not a big one. And that is how it is in real life too. I am a trans person, and homosexual, and I don't walk around thinking deeply about these things every day. I don't define myself and my experiences purely around that. I think of myself as a person living my life, nothing weird and unique about it. That is sort of how it feels with LTROI too. Everything regarding Eli just is there, but the main story is about their lives, the people they meet, their decitions.

This review is good in the sense that it evokes topics of discussion. And all in all it is well done, and the gender stuff that many of you felt went on for too long, fitted me perfictly. I found it so interesting. But again, I have a strong bias here.
Last edited by intrige on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:30 pm

Well said.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:49 am

dongregg wrote:Well said.
..Ditto..
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:23 pm

Oh boy. Too much talking without getting anywhere. I have to give this a rating of Zzzzz

Return to “Off Topic”