eclipse

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
dongregg

Re: eclipse

Post by dongregg » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:35 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:
dongregg wrote:We watched it here under a perfectly blue sky. 8-)
(Likely the most appropriate use of sunglasses ever)

By "we", what he means, folks, is the set up a webcam from his backyard down to the basement so that the kids, who'd stayed up all day waiting, could watch.
Yep. Eli couldn't stop grinning.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:47 am

dongregg wrote:
gkmoberg1 wrote:
dongregg wrote:We watched it here under a perfectly blue sky. 8-)
(Likely the most appropriate use of sunglasses ever)

By "we", what he means, folks, is the set up a webcam from his backyard down to the basement so that the kids, who'd stayed up all day waiting, could watch.
Yep. Eli couldn't stop grinning.
And if they were brave, they could come out and fly for two minutes. :shock:
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:01 am

EEA wrote:I forgot about the eclipse, but did get the chance to see one a long time ago when I was 13.
I also forgot. But my family came and got me. I was off in my office doing C++ debugging :? for my job. Had they not come to find me, I might have missed the entire event.

And like you, I saw one when I was little. But I don't remember how old I was or how complete the eclipse was. I remember playing with paper and talking about it with either my mother or a teacher. I'll suspect I was young enough that by the time this slow event came to be something, I had mentally checked out and was off chasing leaves, pulling my sister's hair or else running after our ducks and sheep.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:54 am

A colander? Genius! Would never of thought of that in a million years.

I saw a 60% eclipse years ago and the thing I remember most was being shocked at how much of a temperature drop there was. It really brings it home exactly how much we depend on the Sun ... a certain couple notwithstanding.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:44 pm

When you get a chance, check out this set of images from the eclipse.

http://www.necn.com/news/national-inter ... 91313.html

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Nice shots! :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

JToede

Post by JToede » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:42 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:When you get a chance, check out this set of images from the eclipse.<br abp="675"><br abp="676">http://www.necn.com/news/national-inter ... 91313.html
Awesome. All I got was a orange blob with my stupid phones camera through some eclipse safe glasses.
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

Return to “Off Topic”