Old Hot Wheels

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
Wolfchild

Re: Old Hot Wheels

Post by Wolfchild » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:01 pm

Ah ha, yellow! I was misremembering.

Strange, the things we keep in the dusty attics of our memories. What would it be like to have bits and pieces of 200+ years of them?
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:12 pm

Wolfchild wrote:Ah ha, yellow! I was misremembering.

Strange, the things we keep in the dusty attics of our memories. What would it be like to have bits and pieces of 200+ years of them?
I'm thinking it would include a large number of dolls or bunnies that she slept with and eventually wore out. The thought of her loneliness all that time touches me deeply.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:42 am

Eli's Hot Wheels collection :lol:

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:33 am

Memory seems to be one of those brain functions that still puzzles.It can be very flexible and fleeting.Does the information stored stay there forever or does it lose information to be replaced with new memories? 200 years of memories would be very confusing to say the least. What a sad thought.Little Eli sitting on the floor pushing round her "collection" of treasured cars.With vague memories of play.Going "broom,broom"as she pushes them around the floor.I'm sure Oskar would share some of his cars with Eli.She smiles with delight as she inspects them."They have wheels"she says excitedly and they both play cars till Oskar falls asleep.She keeps playing until the break of day when she goes to her bath and covers herself up clutching both her beloved bear and now her beloved car. :wub: :wub:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:11 pm

a_contemplative_life wrote:

Eli's Hot Wheels collection :lol:

I'll bet each of these has a real story to tell. :think:
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Return to “Off Topic”