Skam [Shame]

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
dongregg

Skam [Shame]

Post by dongregg » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:07 am

OMG.

http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/tv- ... characters

I would love to follow it. It reminds me of SVT's "15." From what I see, "15" is a very realistic and thoughtful series about real teen issues. Skam sounds like it is, too, but delivered in a format that Internet savvy kids appreciate.

Very surprised that 'Trige hasn't mentioned this. :think:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

intrige

Re: Skam [Shame]

Post by intrige » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:49 pm

Oh yeah, hi. I saw the last episode of the last season today, I cried. :cry:

THIS SHOW IS AWESOME. I see so much of myself in the skam characters. Drinking culture, hook-up culture and LGBT+ and mental health topics are all in there. It even tackles rape and and racism and islamophobia. This show is truly amazing. :D :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

intrige

Post by intrige » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:11 pm

These four characters got a whole season each, where they grow and learn. While other previousy main chaacters and side characters are still around, grows and divelops aswell. What makes the show pretty unique is how when the show was running; the caharcters' instagrams profiled posted in real time, so did the clips posted on a special website so if a scene took place 21:21 o'clock on a friday it was released that exact time with no warning. Also, texts between the characters are posted in-between clips to make veiewers more invested in their lives. Characters also sometimes posted youtube videos, it's pretty cool and it worked so well. But as I mentioned before, what makes the show great is the stories it wants to tell.

Julie, the show creator and co-writer talked to hunders of teenagers in Norway, and survayed them about their lives. The teens were also asked what they felt was missing for their demographic. Even the show's name, skam (shame) was suggested to them on a huge billboard the teens in the survay wrote down on a whim. Everything about this show is made for teens, and was so impressive and accurate, adults and teens alike followed it. It has become a sort of guide for parents and family members of teenagers, to get into their heads and truly understand them. Also every single person watched it, the oddball who didn't was far and few between. After sweden and denmark got behind it, and the third season featuring a gay relationship came along, the show grew internationally. And has now fans from the entire world. I love skam so much, it has given me so many feelings, and a lot of validation. So yeah, take a look at skam.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

EEA

Post by EEA » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:58 pm

I saw the first episode. It was pretty good. Reminds me of when I was in high school when everything was fill with a lot of stuff and when I did not understand many things.

Return to “Off Topic”