New Dracula Series

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
dongregg

New Dracula Series

Post by dongregg » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:34 pm

“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

JToede

Re: New Dracula Series

Post by JToede » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:53 am

Let us hope so.
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

Kaizarc

Post by Kaizarc » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:29 am

Excited for it sure, but I do hope it's a proper adaption which I know probably won't happen. I just want to see them get it right just one time :roll:

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:03 am

Kaizarc wrote:Excited for it sure, but I do hope it's a proper adaption which I know probably won't happen. I just want to see them get it right just one time :roll:
You've got that right, Kaizarc. I gotta admit though that it has a good pedigree. The Cumberbatch Sherlock Holmes series was awesomely smart and fun.

Welcome (again) to the WTI forum! :D
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:46 am

No, not the giant oaf of vampiredom. TBA - to be avoided.

bradjiman

Post by bradjiman » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:03 am

The Dracula series is an English horror television series made by Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat. The series is inspired by a novel of the same name by Bram Stoker. The Dracula series airs on BBC One and Netflix and includes three episodes. Claes Bang is cast as the lead role in the series. It is worth noting that the Dracula series was released on January 1, 2020, and aired for three consecutive days.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:19 am

Welcome to the forum, bradjiman. I'm afraid I will get some questioning looks when I say that after Dracula, I'm not impressed by the vampire subgenre. Both the film (Bela Lugosi) and the Stoker novel are really great. That includes Nosferatu, a version of Dracula. I also like the Buffy series because it's light-hearted fun. Oh, Van Helsing (Hugh Jackman) was great fun. I'm afraid that others, such as the Twilight offering, are too juvenile. Many others are weighted down with campy capes, gowns, and scripts.

Oh, h---, I'm pontificating. I meant to just share a little of my tastes.

I look forward to more of your posts. :)

intrige

Post by intrige » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:19 am

I watched this and loved every moment of it. I am a history nerd so whenever the past is shown, in all its cozy dark and dirty glory I love it.
Oh and a baby awoke as a vampire, pretty coool. 8-)
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Return to “Off Topic”