New Teaser Trailer for Stephen King's "It" Remake:

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|

Drakeule

Re: New Teaser Trailer for Stephen King's "It" Remake:

Post by Drakeule » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:04 am

About a quarter threw the book. Man, it's a long one, but the trailer at least synchs up with half of what of read.

JToede

Post by JToede » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:45 am

If it doesn't have Tim Curry hamming it up, I don't want to see it.
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:06 am

JToede wrote:If it doesn't have Tim Curry hamming it up, I don't want to see it.
Curry is definitely a hard act to follow [shudder]. :twisted:
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:03 am

JToede wrote:If it doesn't have Tim Curry hamming it up, I don't want to see it.
Oh, man. I'm so glad I've never seen the movie. I mean, I did in bits whenI was a child, but I'm sure glad I don't remember that.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:02 am

With all the so-called "clown sightings" over the past year or so, I'd be a little worried if I were marketing this. Americans are probably a bit fed up with the whole "Evil Clown" motif right now.

EEA

Post by EEA » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:40 pm

I saw the movie when I was a kid. Was really scared and I have never liked clowns since then. :lol: Don't know if I want to see this new version. I like some of the movies based on Stephen King's novels. But when it comes to reading any of his novels I just don't manage to finish any of them.

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:27 pm

EEA wrote: But when it comes to reading any of his novels I just don't manage to finish any of them.
I know. He is so hit and miss with me. Carrie is one of my favorites, but he goes way too over the top in some of them. It's like he just throws all this crap out there and he's just like 'deal with it ' The Shining and Doctor Sleep are like that. Not bad, but he really pushes you to just roll with it. Revival was the last one I really liked by him. I like his books that are just straight forward, and no need to stretch the plot so much.

Return to “Off Topic”