IMDb closing down message boards

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
naxsah

IMDb closing down message boards

Post by naxsah » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:42 am

Hi,
Sad to say that IMDb is going to be closing down their message boards by Feb 20, while I wasn't a member on that site I did browse through boards for a good 6 to 8 years and learned a lot of info just from the boards. I noticed that some of the members on this site would post to IMDb, so I would just like to hear your thoughts about it.

dongregg

Re: IMDb closing down message boards

Post by dongregg » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:15 am

naxsah wrote:Hi,
Sad to say that IMDb is going to be closing down their message boards by Feb 20, while I wasn't a member on that site I did browse through boards for a good 6 to 8 years and learned a lot of info just from the boards. I noticed that some of the members on this site would post to IMDb, so I would just like to hear your thoughts about it.
I don't think I'll miss it much. I mostly learned all the ways that viewers could misunderstand the film.

Historically, IMDb supplied the first rush of membership over to WTI, if I read that correctly.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:00 am

It's been quite some time since I've worried about IMDB because their boards tend to be... erm... "infested"... but do I make mistake in recalling that part of the reason the Woofster erected this site was frustration with IMDB culling older posts in any event? If so, in other words, it won't be possible to archive all the relevant discussion anyway.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:23 am

Maybe those of you who've posted alot on the LTROI or LMI message boards could print those discussions to PDF or otherwise archive the threads? I started doing some of the old ones.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:37 am

If the only thing you guys can do is figure out how to download whole threads of convo into single text files, I'll see what I can do about chunking them into individual messages by using a text processing language.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Return to “Off Topic”