Scam season

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
gattoparde59

Re: Scam season

Post by gattoparde59 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:53 pm

For years I have not answered the land line unless I see a number I recognize. Same goes for the cell phone.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:22 am

I usually just hang up straight away,but,if I'm feeling "playful"..I start to talk back to them in a made up foreign language as if "hello"was the only English word I know.Sometimes I have to make an effort not to laugh as I sound frustrated at them not understanding me."Mabito muka".."muka,muka"..changli..?Changli?.and I sound more and more frustrated as I nearly shout made up words to them.After awhile they realise they're not getting anywhere and hang up.It seems to put them off thinking that you're not an English speaker and our scam calls are few and far between.Another strategy is to say your unemployed and usually the next sound you hear is "click"as they hang up.I like to think I've put a little variety into their lives.. :twisted: :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:54 am

ltroifanatic wrote:I usually just hang up straight away,but,if I'm feeling "playful"..I start to talk back to them in a made up foreign language as if "hello"was the only English word I know.Sometimes I have to make an effort not to laugh as I sound frustrated at them not understanding me."Mabito muka".."muka,muka"..changli..?Changli?.and I sound more and more frustrated as I nearly shout made up words to them.After awhile they realise they're not getting anywhere and hang up.It seems to put them off thinking that you're not an English speaker and our scam calls are few and far between.Another strategy is to say your unemployed and usually the next sound you hear is "click"as they hang up.I like to think I've put a little variety into their lives.. :twisted: :D
Priceless!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Off Topic”