"Stranger Things"

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|

Bloody Mary

Re: "Stranger Things"

Post by Bloody Mary » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:50 am

Stranger Peaks: a medley of ST theme and "Laura Palmer's Theme" from Twin Peaks. I recently got into Twin Peaks, have been listening to various versions of the "Laura" score, and I must say, this is the most unique.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KictEmxIKE
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:52 pm

Super Bowl trailer I missed somehow. :think:

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:53 am

There's no [upsidedown] tag set [/upsidedown] in php. :?

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:06 pm

So it is true! We have to wait until Halloween for season 2!

Well... at least Halloween will be that much better. :wub:
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

EEA

Post by EEA » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:53 pm

I am still thinking if I finish the first season or not. I stopped watching after episode 5.

gymmy64

Post by gymmy64 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:53 pm

We went to the Days of the Dead con in Atlanta this past weekend, and the boys from the show were there. An interesting bit of information came up during their Q&A. While the show was in the casting phase, the creators put together a video compilation of other films to give the actors a sense of what they were aiming for with the project, at that time called "Mom Talk". Some of the choices were to be expected, such as "Stand by Me", "E.T.", "Jaws", "The Goonies", etc. There a somewhat more recent film was also included: Let Me In. I don't know if the Duffer Bros. have a preference for that film over the Swedish version or not, but I would like to think that they used it simply because it would be easier (no subtitles). :D

Not a huge revelation or surprise, especially in view of the Eleven/Mike relationship, but it's good to know for a fact that JAL's story is one of the many ingredients that make up Stranger Things.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:53 pm

gymmy64 wrote:We went to the Days of the Dead con in Atlanta this past weekend, and the boys from the show were there. An interesting bit of information came up during their Q&A. While the show was in the casting phase, the creators put together a video compilation of other films to give the actors a sense of what they were aiming for with the project, at that time called "Mom Talk". Some of the choices were to be expected, such as "Stand by Me", "E.T.", "Jaws", "The Goonies", etc. There a somewhat more recent film was also included: Let Me In. I don't know if the Duffer Bros. have a preference for that film over the Swedish version or not, but I would like to think that they used it simply because it would be easier (no subtitles). :D

Not a huge revelation or surprise, especially in view of the Eleven/Mike relationship, but it's good to know for a fact that JAL's story is one of the many ingredients that make up Stranger Things.
Of no small interest to me is that the LTROI world still has legs. Nightrider, PeteMork, and I just met in Austin to see the play.
Last edited by dongregg on Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:52 pm

"Yahoo! TV" (already I a cough so as to disguise my reflex action to launch into an eye-roll + smirk) has posted a vid about "5 Clues We Found in the 'Stranger Things' Season 2 Trailer... (get your Sherlock hats on and try to follow best you can)

Here's the URL so you don't think I'm making this up.
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/stranger-thing ... 40555.html

Their "clues" (eye roll + smirk)
"1. Eleven is alive." (Yeh, if she's in the vid, then it would follow that she's alive... This is somehow a 'clue' you deduced from the vid? wow. )
"2. New Monster! " (Yeh, the vid shows a new creature that looks rather like a very very large spider, the kind that steps over houses. ... okay, new monster)
"3. Something's Wrong With Will" (Duh, yeh, given the last scene at the end of season one, we already knew that. But okay)
"4. Who you gonna call?" (Okay, the kids are wearing Ghostbuster's outfits at moments. oooh oooh ooh)
"5. References Galore" (omg, they're going to reference as many prior movies and themes as possible (starting with the prior 'clue') ?! Please, no. just: NO.)

My conclusions...
... a) never watch "Yahoo! TV"
... b) if #5 is correct, then this is a sell-out and it's time to find a different series
... c) both of the above

JToede

Post by JToede » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:49 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:"2. New Monster! " (Yeh, the vid shows a new creature that looks rather like a very very large spider, the kind that steps over houses. ... okay, new monster)
It could be Cthulhu or the monster from Stephen King's "IT" just supersized
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

Return to “Off Topic”