"Stranger Things"

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
Tom

"Stranger Things"

Post by Tom » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:04 am

Just finished watching the first season of Netflix new show "Stranger Things", it is absolutely phenomenal. The show is set in the 80's America, and is a great mix of sci-fi and coming of age story. Millie Bobby Brown, the young actress who played the main character "Eleven" is a star in the making. Highly recommended!!

gattoparde59

Re: "Stranger Things"

Post by gattoparde59 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:53 pm

Tom wrote:Just finished watching the first season of Netflix new show "Stranger Things", it is absolutely phenomenal. The show is set in the 80's America, and is a great mix of sci-fi and coming of age story. Millie Bobby Brown, the young actress who played the main character "Eleven" is a star in the making. Highly recommended!!
Yup!

On episode six. Great mish-mash of 80s pop culture and a little Oskar and Eli in the mix as well.

Makes me wish we could some how get a mini-series version of one of the Lindqvist novels. :(

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:00 am

I watched the first episode today. It looks promising.
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:30 am

Just finished it myself, and is pretty damn good. I hope there will be more. They sure made it look like there will.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:10 pm

We're watching one episode per night, starting over the last weekend. Tonight should be season 1, episode 3.

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:30 pm

Does Eleven/Elle remind anyone else of Eli? Particularly that look on her face when she made one of the mouthbreathers pee himself.
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:07 pm

Bloody Mary wrote:Does Eleven/Elle remind anyone else of Eli? Particularly that look on her face when she made one of the mouthbreathers pee himself.
She reminds me of an Eli/Carrie. Which works rather well for me, being they are my two favorite characters.

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:51 am

I finished episode five. Can anyone explain why Elle caused all the drama with the compasses, instead of just telling them (or Mike) that they shouldn't find the gate to Will because it wasn't safe?

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:59 am

Bloody Mary wrote:I finished episode five. Can anyone explain why Elle caused all the drama with the compasses, instead of just telling them (or Mike) that they shouldn't find the gate to Will because it wasn't safe?
Lol. No. That's pretty much all there was to it. she has a major phobia of the place sence she thinks it's her fault that the creature is in this world.

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:30 am

I knew it! Elle got a pool scene! Did you see her face when she broke the mouthbreathers' arms?? Man, I just love making Oskar-Eli comparisons.

About the compass drama: possibly she thought she could convince them their plan wouldn't work without going against them. Lucas and Dustin were already suspicious of her, so she didn't want to alienate them further.Just my guess.
Last edited by Bloody Mary on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off Topic”