"Stranger Things"

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
EEA

Re: "Stranger Things"

Post by EEA » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:31 pm

My niece saw the first season this weekend. She said the series was ok.

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:43 pm

I sure hope it lives up to the hype. I'm hearing so much about that Bobbie Brown girl I'm almost sick of her. I don't think she said over 100 words the entire season and people are falling all over her. That and her dad using her to rake in as much cash as possible isn't helping either.

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:43 pm

Drakeule wrote:I sure hope it lives up to the hype. I'm hearing so much about that Bobbie Brown girl I'm almost sick of her. I don't think she said over 100 words the entire season and people are falling all over her. That and her dad using her to rake in as much cash as possible isn't helping either.
Millie deserves the praise. She delivered a fantastic performance all while speaking so little.
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:00 am

Bloody Mary wrote:
Drakeule wrote:I sure hope it lives up to the hype. I'm hearing so much about that Bobbie Brown girl I'm almost sick of her. I don't think she said over 100 words the entire season and people are falling all over her. That and her dad using her to rake in as much cash as possible isn't helping either.
Millie deserves the praise. She delivered a fantastic performance all while speaking so little.
I'm not saying she didn't do a good job. I'm asking why is she the only one getting noticed? The boys did put on a Stand By Me performance, but it was still good. The only person I've seen get any attention other than Millie is playing in Dominos commercials.

EEA

Post by EEA » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:26 am

Well, I thought her performance as Eleven was fine and the other kids were ok. The reason I stopped watching was because I was not interested in the kid's story line. Nancy and Joyce to me had a better story line but it wasn't enough for me.

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Mon May 22, 2017 2:04 am

May be late but here is a video comparing Let the Right One In to Stranger Things (which I never finished). It's interesting, up until the last thing.
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Mon May 22, 2017 9:58 am

Besides him getting the guardian part wrong, he did a great job of comparison. Thanks for sharing this.

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Mon May 22, 2017 10:29 am

Very interesting comparison.Although we know LTROI did have a happy ending.
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Bobbie Millie Brown appeared last night on 'The Late Show' from NBC in New York City.

There's very little here about the upcoming Stranger Things, Season 2. Yet it is good to see Millie.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:20 pm

Wow. Millie. Now I see at least part of what Stranger Things has going for it. :o
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Off Topic”