I'm a little bit like Eli

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
intrige

Re: I'm a little bit like Eli

Post by intrige » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:34 pm

Thank you Greg :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Thu May 05, 2016 6:03 pm

Thanks for posting, Eik. :)
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Sat May 07, 2016 6:09 pm

Eik, I like your name. :)

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

intrige

Post by intrige » Sat May 07, 2016 7:01 pm

THANK YOU! I actually hear that a lot! And I agree, it's a cool name!

Ash

Post by Ash » Wed May 11, 2016 7:36 am

No, you are not a little like Eli. You're a lot like Eli. :P
And your name suggests you are strong enough to withstand everything that life throws at you. (Eik=oak tree.) :D Although Siv (the wife of Thor) was a pretty cool name too.

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed May 11, 2016 2:15 pm

Yeah I know. But i actually brought many aspects of my old name to my new name. Like the number of letters, the middle one being an i and it being an old norse nature inspired name!

Let me tell you, it has been SSSOOOO hard to switch names socially, like holy shit. So yeah this oak tree better be strong!!

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed May 11, 2016 2:20 pm

dongregg wrote:Thanks, Eik. This is way more than I knew about the-artist-and-videographer-formerly-known-as-siv. I appreciate the insight into one of my favorite people! :D
I forgot to say that; I see what you did there! ;) :lol:

Ash

Post by Ash » Thu May 12, 2016 7:59 am

intrige wrote:Yeah I know. But i actually brought many aspects of my old name to my new name. Like the number of letters, the middle one being an i and it being an old norse nature inspired name!

Let me tell you, it has been SSSOOOO hard to switch names socially, like holy shit. So yeah this oak tree better be strong!!
Yeh, it will be hard for your old friends (and parents) to adapt to your new name. But every new person you meet in your life will know you by the right name from now on.
The only thing I can think of to make it easier for your friends would be to change your appearance a bit to give yourself a new look, as a prompt to your new moniker. Become a blond? :lol: No, that was a joke obviously.
It may take some time for people to get used to it.
Anyway, to cheer you up.... and to help me out, maybe you can do an English translation of this for me.

intrige

Post by intrige » Thu May 12, 2016 2:06 pm

That song was about being late and making up stories as to why one was late. It seems like a song for kinds TV or something. It was a nice thought though, and I do tend to be late for things.

I am actually working on getting dreads right now, I have about 23 dreads in my hair already, but I need maybe ten more to fill up my entire head. So that's something :)

metoo

Post by metoo » Thu May 12, 2016 3:48 pm

Ash wrote:Anyway, to cheer you up.... and to help me out, maybe you can do an English translation of this for me.
I made one of the chorus here.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Return to “Off Topic”