LTROI Film Quiz!

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
dongregg

LTROI Film Quiz!

Post by dongregg » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:13 pm

We've had quizzes based on the film LTROI before, but it's time for a new one. First prize--If you win, I'll make fun of everyone's lame responses but yours.

I look forward to seeing your answers when you PM them to me.

Okay then, here's a quiz based on the film LTROI.

1. Where in the film do we see/hear Eli humming?

2. What do we see hanging from the belt of the policeman as he walks to the front of the class?

3. In the newspaper article Oskar cuts out, what did the murderer do to his victim? (Hint: He didn't "tap blood").

4. Where in the film does Oskar hum "Kvar i min bil"?

5. What do we see written on Oskar's shirt when he talks to Mr. Ávila about strength training?

6. From what we see (not hear), how many people can we infer are at or near the candy kiosk?

7. What is the white object hanging near the top of the glass divider in Eli's kitchen?

8. What does Oskar do when Eli tells him to "Close your eyes"? ("Blunda, då.")

9. How many cars does Oskar touch after he goes into his room and blocks his door handle?

10. There is a strange, straight line that appears in the pool scene when Martin is leading the exercise. Why do we stop seeing it?

Tiebreaker if needed. Best answer wins. What tune does Eli hum? (By "best," I mean funniest, best defended, or whatever.)

(I considered the question--In what scene is Oskar's nose not running?--but I can't trust these old eyes enough to be sure!)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

danielma

Re: LTROI Film Quiz!

Post by danielma » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:26 am

1. Where in the film do we see/hear Eli humming?
The scene after she is "invited in" by Oskar. She's alone in the apartment playing with her toys and humming to herself, all the while dressed in Oskar's Mom's Clothes :D
2. What do we see hanging from the belt of the policeman as he walks to the front of the class?
His Baton, in what looks to be a fur cover of some sort
3. In the newspaper article Oskar cuts out, what did the murderer do to his victim? (Hint: He didn't "tap blood").
I'll be honest, I don't know what it means since I can't speak Swedish
4. Where in the film does Oskar hum "Kvar i min bil"?
He actually hums it in a Couple of Scenes. He hums it as he is cutting out the News Article (of course) and he hums it later on as he is walking home with no pants after the bullies threw them in the Urinal. He's very softly humming it in that scene.
5. What do we see written on Oskar's shirt when he talks to Mr. Ávila about strength training?
Karhu. A Finnish Sports Brand
6. From what we see (not hear), how many people can we infer are at or near the candy kiosk?
The Vendors at the Shop. Oh and from memory someone passes by in the background briefly
7. What is the white object hanging near the top of the glass divider in Eli's kitchen?
I don't know. I can't remember. I'll be honest here
8. What does Oskar do when Eli tells him to "Close your eyes"? ("Blunda, då.")
He glances groggily before digging his head back into the pillow
9. How many cars does Oskar touch after he goes into his room and blocks his door handle?
4. He shuts the doors on the first. Closes the hood and the door on the second. Closes the hood on the third and closes the trunk on the fourth
10. There is a strange, straight line that appears in the pool scene when Martin is leading the exercise. Why do we stop seeing it?
Not sure. Digital Editing Goof maybe?
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:30 am

danielma, thanks for playing! :lol:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

OUTSIDER

Post by OUTSIDER » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:33 am

Pretty sure Eli is also humming in the beginning of the film - when riding in the taxi cab with Hakan.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Right, OUTSIDER. But the question wants all the places where Eli hums. How about take your best shot at the rest of the quiz? For me, it was a fun way to rewatch the film with renewed attention. It felt like a kind of scavenger hunt, where you're given a list of stuff to go out and find to bring back to the party--things like a coat hanger, a stuffed moose head, an old copy of National Geographic...

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:30 pm

So far, PeteMork's PM is far ahead of the pack. If no answers to the quiz match or surpass his, there may not be a need for the tie-breaker question. But I'm not in a hurry to close the quiz. Too much fun.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:42 pm

Yes, please do not close the quiz yet. Be not too hasty to pass the title to Sir Morkus!

> 1. Where in the film do we see/hear Eli humming?

This is tricky as it requires very close attention to the entire movie. Preliminary answer: Taxi cab. Playing with toys. Also when she's off with Hanna, taking Einstein for a walk.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Too funny! I'm dying laughing here!

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:48 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:Yes, please do not close the quiz yet. Be not too hasty to pass the title to Sir Morkus!

> 1. Where in the film do we see/hear Eli humming?

This is tricky as it requires very close attention to the entire movie. Preliminary answer: Taxi cab. Playing with toys. Also when she's off with Hanna, taking Einstein for a walk.
:lol: Wow, GK! Even I had forgotten that time! You win!
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

danielma

Post by danielma » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:05 pm

Ahh crap, I didn't realise we had to PM them to you. :oops: Well, don't I feel a fool now :oops:

I was wondering why no one had answered to this...my bad. :)
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

Return to “Off Topic”