Love those Quadrotors!

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
dongregg

Re: Love those Quadrotors!

Post by dongregg » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:41 pm

I think quadrotors could have changed my life. I'm the kid who could never get a kite into the air. Charlie Brown may have tried more often, but our success was equal -- goose egg. Or maybe he was ahead of me. I never got a kite high enough for a tree to eat it!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:24 pm

dongregg wrote:I think quadrotors could have changed my life. I'm the kid who could never get a kite into the air. Charlie Brown may have tried more often, but our success was equal -- goose egg. Or maybe he was ahead of me. I never got a kite high enough for a tree to eat it!
:D I had a lot of kites that were eaten by cars, trees, and an occasional dog. All were worth the sacrifice. :mrgreen:
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:12 am

An interesting collection of drone fails. I'm sure my wife feels like this first, obviously long-suffering, lady sometimes while I'm flying my Tiny Whoop around the house. :D

And many of these remind me of GK's comment about his dog and drones being a bad combination:
specifically at 1:11, 1:25 (indirectly), 3:29, and 5:25.
Cat's too, for Don: 0:16 and 6:01
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:40 am

It's as though they can sense your fear!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:35 pm

I'm sure many of you will recognize a few landmarks here. The advantage of Tiny Whoops: They can go where no (big, giant drone) has gone before.
(With permission of course.)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:54 pm

What a rush. Thought of Oskar and Eli sightseeing in Paris. :D

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:49 am

Now, this one is different -- and might be disturbing to some. ;) The action really starts at about 2:30 or so and escalates far beyond anything I could have imagined. I'm surprised anyone survived. :shock:

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:14 am

Okay, that was fun. Beyond what you could have imagined? Ah come on. As soon as you introduced us to quadrotors, I thought of Roman candles. But I admit I didn't think of trying to shoot down other quadrotors!

I built a model of a WWI Nieuport 13 armed with rockets when I was about 13. I guess that warped my young, tender brain.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:09 pm

:think: :D :lol:

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:17 pm

Harder to hit a moving target than it looks!

Return to “Off Topic”