Love those Quadrotors!

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
dongregg

Re: Love those Quadrotors!

Post by dongregg » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:17 pm

Hard not to get excited about quadrotors after watching these vids!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:45 pm

Here's an example of what happens when an errant quadcopter falls into the 'wrong' hands. It also (arguably) shows a key difference between boys' :twisted: and girls' :think: behavior if you have the patience to watch it all. :D (Girl's behavior begins at about 12:52 on video (18:25 camera time).
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:30 pm

Sweet! Love her concentration.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:03 pm

The Tiny Whoop

And now we have the perfect quadcopter: Small (3"x3"), safe (tiny, four-bladed props enclosed in inducted sleeves), and an equally tiny camera mounted on top. The whole thing weighs 24grams.

And, most important of all, great fun!
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:12 am

Is the dude in the blue shirt on the stairs the one controlling the drone?

My house has a dog, who is young and bounding with energy. He'd have that thing apart in no time. One goof-up and it hit the floor... it'd be over.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:25 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:Is the dude in the blue shirt on the stairs the one controlling the drone?

My house has a dog, who is young and bounding with energy. He'd have that thing apart in no time. One goof-up and it hit the floor... it'd be over.
:lol: You need a bigger drone. :twisted:
Yep! the culprit is the guy on the stairs with the FPV goggles.

The very first thing my wife noticed when I showed this one to her was the lack of furniture in the house--even before the 'Tiny Whoop' made the second loop. The furniture that was there seemed 'unintegrated' and the floor seemed unusually shiny (unworn and unscratched). New house, maybe? :think: -- Or new house poor. ;)
EDIT: I just noticed that even the adults are barefooted or sans shoes, except one guy in tennies. Must be a new floor job at the least.

The "Tiny Whoop" is the second from the left in the front row (blue with four white props) in this picture; a Blade Inductrix from Horizon Hobby. Only mine doesn't have the teensy camera on top. It has to be added by the hobbyist (which I'm very tempted to do now) :D .
The three to the right of it have cameras, but the props on the two quads tend to fly off and get lost when they run into walls (or cute little kids). And they could hurt someone. The one on the far right (with wheels) is a Parrot Jumping Sumo.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:24 pm

Honestly, PeteMork, these are just made for a klutzy kid like me who could never get a kite into the air. :(

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:48 pm

And now, the latest. Not a drone, but a demonstration of the PID (Proportional, Integral, Differential) control system that keeps the high-end drones level and eminently flyable under most conditions.

I just had to show it to everyone because it's so neat! :mrgreen:
Here's a great example of PID in action with a DJI Mavic drone (interesting stuff begins at 1:00 minutes):

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:55 pm

Wow! Tenacious technology!

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:29 pm

I don't think these have any of that fancy stuff. :twisted:

(Watch this in full-screen mode if possible)
Races regularly take place here (Salina Turda Salt Caves, Romania)
Last edited by PeteMork on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Off Topic”