Love those Quadrotors!

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
ltroifanatic

Re: Love those Quadrotors!

Post by ltroifanatic » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:22 am

Thanks Pete.I gotta get more bananas :lol: Thundy-Mindy is very cute.I want one.Sky-Fishing is my kind of sport.Nothing gets hurt and you make friends with your prey.Clubmeister is so talented.I'm jealous.. :oops: :mrgreen:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:22 pm

This guy just gets better and better; as does his equipment. :shock:
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:42 pm

After that one, you need this one to relax. ;)
(Watch it full screen if you can. :o )
Last edited by PeteMork on Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:37 am

The T-Rex is amazingly versatile. I noticed the tail rotor to counter the rotation of the propeller, something that Sikorsky took a while to figure out. :o
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:14 am

Just so things don't get boring around here...

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:15 pm

Watching this, I feel I'm revisiting my days of playing with the flight simulator I had on my PC way back in the distant past. All those inversions and bounces off the turf!

How long do these things last @PeteMork? Will they last years if you use them but take care of them? Or do you expect them to get destroyed or burned out after a year or some time period?

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:40 pm

The serious stunt fliers generally crash around every other flight, usually requiring one or more new props each time at a minimum. They are sturdily built, but things like cameras, batteries, hold-down straps, antennae, and other protruding parts are replaced or repaired often. Since they sometimes end up in the water, the flight control board and possibly other electronics would need to be replaced too. The brushless motors are pretty tough though, and can usually survive anything but a direct hit. And after all this, a pilot might still say his favorite quad is several years old, even if none of the parts are original, including the frame. :D

A pilot/friend of mine once told me that risk is part of the game, and if you're not willing to put your money where your mouth is to get those incredible shots, you shouldn't be flying this type of drone. Which is why I don't.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Limits to durability. Plastic is light but breakable. Metal is durable but heavy. Hm. Makes me wonder about the possible use of light-weight composites. :think:
And after all this, a pilot might still say his favorite quad is several years old, even if none of the parts are original, including the frame. :D
Reminds me of the guy who claims to have his original axe. "Replaced the handle twice and the head once."

Our yard is saturated, and drainage ditches are also fairly full, so no search effort for the quadrotor that's somewhere in heavy brush (wet heavy brush) in the yard. Sunny today, but too wet for a search, and another bunch of heavy rain is on tap. :cry:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:30 pm

dongregg wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:56 pm
Limits to durability. Plastic is light but breakable. Metal is durable but heavy. Hm. Makes me wonder about the possible use of light-weight composites. :think:
And after all this, a pilot might still say his favorite quad is several years old, even if none of the parts are original, including the frame. :D
Reminds me of the guy who claims to have his original axe. "Replaced the handle twice and the head once."

Our yard is saturated, and drainage ditches are also fairly full, so no search effort for the quadrotor that's somewhere in heavy brush (wet heavy brush) in the yard. Sunny today, but too wet for a search, and another bunch of heavy rain is on tap. :cry:
Sorry your drone is still MIA. But I see Victor is getting proficient indoors with the new one. :D
Actually, the racing drone frames are made of carbon fiber; very light weight, as are all the other components. All together without battery, they generally weigh between 250 and 400 grams.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:46 pm

A little bit of Everything!

Return to “Off Topic”