Meanwhile in Sweden...

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
SpartanAltego

Re: Meanwhile in Sweden...

Post by SpartanAltego » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:02 pm

metoo wrote:The polar night has begun in the northernmost corner of Sweden. The sun will stay below the horizon until January...
Oh my. That sounds absolutely enchanting...

I'll have to think about including that phenomena in some way for LtLNE. Simply too neat not to.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:02 am

Met JAL in Göteborg yesterday and got to thank him for the bazungolfness that is his writing. He was kinda flabbergasted over my "Att fly är livet..." tattoos, too :lol: .
Att fly är livet, att dröja döden.

Do not ask why; ask why not.

metoo

Post by metoo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:53 am

TΛPETRVE wrote:Met JAL in Göteborg yesterday and got to thank him for the bazungolfness that is his writing. He was kinda flabbergasted over my "Att fly är livet..." tattoos, too :lol: .
Yes. I intended to meet him at a similar event in Malmoe today, but alas I've got a stubborn cold that keeps me at home. :(
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

metoo

Post by metoo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:03 pm

It's the Lucia day today.

Here's the Lucia concert broadcast by Swedish public service TV this morning. It should be accessible all over the world.

https://www.svtplay.se/video/16240346/l ... start=auto
Last edited by metoo on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:16 pm

"Kungsholmen Gymnasium's Chamber Chorus sings in the feast together with three soloists. We also hear children's self-written Lucia poems." [Google translate]

Oh the little ones! :wub:

Thanks, metoo.

(I think of Ingrid in Set Me As a Seal": "When Ingrid does a star turn with "Edelweiss," her pure, clear voice—a young voice with no vibrato—sends chills of delight through the audience."

And I think of my own years as a member of a cathedral choir.)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:09 am

TΛPETRVE wrote:Met JAL in Göteborg yesterday and got to thank him for the bazungolfness that is his writing. He was kinda flabbergasted over my "Att fly är livet..." tattoos, too :lol: .
Pics or it didn't happen! :P

Stop by and post sometime! We miss you...

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:17 am

Swedish Air Force gives Stockholm a holiday fly over

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/statu ... 96/video/1

I'm going to guess these are Saab JAS 39 Gripens

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:22 pm

JAL seems not too fond of selfies, so I decided to leave it alone.

Visiting Blackeberg is also still on the bucket list. I've never made it past Göteborg as of yet. Once I earned myself a permanent stay up here, I will finally be able to make that darn day trip to Stockholm.

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:40 pm

TΛPETRVE wrote:JAL seems not too fond of selfies, so I decided to leave it alone.

Visiting Blackeberg is also still on the bucket list. I've never made it past Göteborg as of yet. Once I earned myself a permanent stay up here, I will finally be able to make that darn day trip to Stockholm.
But did you mention your primary claim to fame: that you are a charter member of We, The Infected? :twisted:
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:00 pm

Think I actually did mention my involvement with this gang of merry miscreants :ugeek: .

Return to “Off Topic”