Meanwhile in Sweden...

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
gattoparde59

Re: Meanwhile in Sweden...

Post by gattoparde59 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:14 pm

PeteMork wrote:Another wonderful idea? ... ;)
Won't your phone smell like french fries? ;)

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

JToede

Post by JToede » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:25 pm

Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

metoo

Post by metoo » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:40 pm

Woman, approaching 40 years of age, for the movie "Border".

This is the headline of an ad looking for actors for the coming production of a film based on John Ajvide Lindqvist's short story Border (Gräns).

Raed for yourselves here (in Swedish).

The actor should have "features in conflict with the classic female norm of beauty" Supertall, wide-shouldered and a face with pronounced, almost male features."
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:11 pm

metoo wrote:Woman, approaching 40 years of age, for the movie "Border".

This is the headline of an ad looking for actors for the coming production of a film based on John Ajvide Lindqvist's short story Border (Gräns).

The actor should have "features in conflict with the classic female norm of beauty" Supertall, wide-shouldered and a face with pronounced, almost male features."
Not really how I pictured the main character in "Border." Sounds like they want to cast Gwendoline Christie in the role. She just happens to be 38 years old, 6' 3" and bulked up to play Brienne of Tarth in Game of Thrones.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:26 pm

I always thought that "Border" one of the most cinematic pieces in the "LTODD". However, there never seemed to be enough material in the short story to support a full length motion picture....Maybe for an episode of a TV show or the kind of film anthology that was popular in the 70's.
If there really are going to be a movie made from "Border"there will have to be a lot of extra material added to existing story line to accommodate the usual 1.5 -2.00 hrs running length of today's average movie.
Whatever shape it'll take in the end, I'm just glad that there's a possibility of another JAL artifact for the big screen.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:24 pm

metoo wrote:Woman, approaching 40 years of age, for the movie "Border".

Excellent.

I hope they keep it Swedish in more than language alone and don't try to gear it towards bigger markets.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:40 am

Finally on my way up north for a few days. After "only" 6 years of waiting :lol: . Planning to visit the site in Blackeberg, too.
Att fly är livet, att dröja döden.

Do not ask why; ask why not.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:36 am

TΛPETRVE wrote:Finally on my way up north for a few days. After "only" 6 years of waiting :lol: . Planning to visit the site in Blackeberg, too.
Hope you can post some pics! :)

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:34 pm

Yes, pictures please!

Some inspiration for you (and me!)
Island Hopping in Stockholm [Deutsche-Welle, 19-Jul-2016]

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:29 pm

Sadly didn't get to visit Stockholm, after all. The trip would've been too expensive for my partner and me (she lives near Göteborg, ergo the other side of the country). Didn't help that the heat made being outside rather unpleasant.
All we ultimately ended up with was a picture of the both of us (and nothing else, not even background, so it could've been taken anywhere).
Att fly är livet, att dröja döden.

Do not ask why; ask why not.

Return to “Off Topic”