Meanwhile in Sweden...

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
gkmoberg1

Re: Meanwhile in Sweden...

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:02 pm

N.R. Gasan wrote:Garlic...the other cash crop. Who knew? :shock:
Pssst, NR... I have three ( 1+ 1 +1 !! ) garlic bulbs in my kitchen right now. You'd like some? I'm thinking cross-state mailing of garlic bulbs is okay between us and the feds. Let me know... 8-)

[ Btw, I got them at the local grocery. Nothing exciting. Didn't even have to steal a Stockholm subway car! Just went in and bought them. ]

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:21 am

I'M STILL ADDICTED TO HEAVY METAL!!!

A Swede who gained worldwide fame for having his love of hard rock classified as a disability says he remains addicted to heavy metal music five years after being granted social security benefits for his affliction.

http://www.thelocal.se/45566/20130111/#.UPi-XSe14bY

http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Ash

Post by Ash » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:29 am

Meanwhile - right here and now, I wish I was in Sweden....phew! That's 114F.

metoo

Post by metoo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:17 am

-4°C here.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

metoo

Post by metoo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:33 am

About the hard rocker guy: he no longer receives social security benefits. He has got a part-time job now...

Here is the guy interviewed at his home:
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

metoo

Post by metoo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:53 am

A few days ago, in my supermarket:

Frysta delikatesser = frozen delicacies...

Yes, you can actually buy frozen blood!
Grisblod = pig blood, nötblod = cattle blood.

N.R. Gasan

Post by N.R. Gasan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:29 pm

metoo wrote:Image
Yes, you can actually buy frozen blood!
Grisblod = pig blood, nötblod = cattle blood.
OK...here's my question, an obvious one, I think: Is it an appetizer or an entree? :?

N.R. Gasan

Post by N.R. Gasan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Nightrider wrote:
N.R. Gasan wrote:...she's a cleaning lady, and she stole a train!
This sounds like a pitch....I don't know about you, but I smell a big, stupid Hollywood movie in the making... :roll:
This reminds me of a case that happened in NY City some years ago. This young guy, a kid really, was fascinated with trains, particularly the subway trains of the city. He learned all he could about them. Then, one day, he decided he didn't want to wait many years to drive a train, so he took a short cut. He came in early one day, at the start of shift and -- don't ask me how he managed it -- successfully passed himself off as a motorman. He was assigned a train and for the better part of the working day he actually operated the train! All the time, he was in communication with the controlling office, as per normal operations. Unfortunately for him, he took a curve too fast and derailed the train. No one was hurt, and it was only then that the powers-that-be figured out that their motorman was a 17-year-old kid. I sh*t you not.

metoo

Post by metoo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:49 pm

N.R. Gasan wrote:OK...here's my question, an obvious one, I think: Is it an appetizer or an entree? :?
Given the size of the packages, I guess it's intended to be the main course!

metoo

Post by metoo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:03 pm

The cleaning lady who ran a train into a house isn't suspected for crimes anymore. The police believes it was an accident that she managed to set the train rolling, and if so, her employer will likely be charged for not sufficiently upholding workplace safety regulations.

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/stader ... -misstankt

Return to “Off Topic”