Happy Birthday to...

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
gkmoberg1

Happy Birthday to...

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Happy Birthday to...

....Ingenting-ing!!

May it be a marvelous day for you. Loads of cake, presents, and lots of time with your family. Wishing you the best ever . 8-) .-th birthday of all time.

EEA

Re: Happy Birthday to...

Post by EEA » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:51 pm

Happy Birthday Ingenting-ing! :)
Have a very Happy Birthday. :mrgreen:
And Happy Birthday to you too Gk. :mrgreen:
Have a very Happy Birthday too. :D

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:22 pm

Happy Birthday :D

Today you will notice that people will feel a strange urge to give you 'presents' ... don't worry, you haven't suddenly turned into a Vampire :lol:

Just don't bite anyone :mrgreen:

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Ingenting-ing

Post by Ingenting-ing » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Oh! :o :lol: Hey, thanks, right back at you gk! :D Belatedly, I might add...

What gk, being terribly modest, didn't mention is that it's his birthday, too. We were both born on Pearl Harbor Day. So we can share the annual jokes about getting bombed on Dec. 7th. And being twins separated by just a few years. Though that one might come to blows because we would argue about which gets to be the *evil* twin. :twisted: We have found that we have a surprising amount in common, above and beyond the infection and a birthday. (Hey, any other infected out there born on Dec. 7?)

And it was a good one for me. I did a motor building workshop with a 4th grade class at my daughter's school. There was lots of wire bending by hand and hot AA batteries. So even though I always get a little stressed about going in front of a class (even if it's just 28 10-year-olds), it turned out to be great fun for all. After school I was presented with a little key-ring with 28 mini-thank you notes on it. A small thing, but made my day and I know I'll keep it the rest of my life. Then to the King Tut exhibit, with the whole family, which was mind-blowingly great. Dinner, including a nice, big bottle of beer. Even a little cake, with, much to my relief, just a single candle. So, yeah, it was perfect! :D

gk, how was yours? Did you also succeed in getting a (mostly) quiet birthday with your family?

Birthdays are a great time to count blessings, and I sure consider this infection and this community to be two of them (having to get bifocals in the last year -- well, not quite sure what to think of that :? ). Thanks gk, EEA and Jameron for your well-wishes. Makes my day, again. :D
Är du här igen?

Makalli

Post by Makalli » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:18 am

Happy birthday to everyone whose birthday it was, sorry for being late... but coincidently it's GK's joining anniversary so surely that deserves some additional celebration. :D

We can party on can't we?
Döden besökte mig i morse. Vi spelar schack tillsammans.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:12 am

Yes, party on!

I completely spaced that it was my joining anniversary here. Dang, two years? :shock: Thanks for the wake-up on that one!

Had a great birthday celebration. We went out to dinner this evening at a Spanish Tapas & Wine Bar. Fantastic sangria, jamon serrano, queso de cabra con miel, almendras de marcona, vieras con truffle y tocino, calamaras con ajo (!!), and paella de carne. I think I'm stuffed for a month. Leaving, I imagined myself stumbling out of a similarly fine establishment along the darkened yet wonderfully lit waterfront in Barcelona, enjoying the warm evening, wondering why two of what surely must be two of the local urchins would want to follow me as I stumble along the darkened streets looking for wherever it was that I put the car.

PLUS... I got a huge box in the mail today... THANK YOU INGENTING-ING !!! I have to find a camera and post a picture of what you sent me - Yup, it's a Keeper. It arrived in one piece and I ain't sending it back! :twisted: ( I should have photographed how he wrapped and packaged my present - he's a master! *bows* )

*scurries off to find camera*

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Whooot! "Back by popular demand" it'sssssss .... Monty Python's Flying Circus (alas no) ...
it'sss.... Ingenting-ing and GK's combined birthday! ( 7 December ) :wub: :D :lol: 8-)

Yup, we do this once a year. And always seem to pick to do so on the same day. Go figure.

This year - Saturday, 7 December - I'm having a party and you're all invited. Should you not you be able to make it, please feel free to get yourself a piece of chocolate cake and ice cream and whatever beverage suites your fancy. Shall be celebrating all day! And if you can make it, well then I'll get ya piece of chocolate cake and ice cream. :sugar rush:

And of course... (been waiting to say this all year)... Happy Birthday to you Ingenting-ing! :D

EEA

Post by EEA » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Happy Birthday Ingenting-ing! :mrgreen:

Happy Birthday GK! :mrgreen:

intrige

Post by intrige » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:06 am

Happy birthday to both of you!! <3 :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Ingenting-ing

Post by Ingenting-ing » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:23 am

Hey, right back at you, gk! Happy Birthday!!!!!! To us and all the other Pearl Harbor babies! (we got any more here?). For tonight, got some old friends coming over who I haven't seen in way too long. We'll eat dinner, the preparation of which I will have nothing to do with. The kids will make a gingerbread house, and then probably smash it, to much applause. And, of course, beer. Yep, it's going to be a good day! :D

Thanks for the well-wishes, EEA and intrige!
Är du här igen?

Return to “Off Topic”