Minecraft

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
a_contemplative_life

Re: Minecraft

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:30 am

Thanks, guys! Who knows, maybe someday my world will look like Rome!

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Trajan's Market

Had to build an artificial hill here . . . lots of filling needed. Soon will start adding the structures on top. Too bad you can't really build decent buildings on a diagonal in this game because alot the buildings at Trajan's Forum are situated in an interesting semi-circular pattern.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:35 am

Trajan's Market...building layout, etc.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:22 am

Question: Once you've constructed a building in all its glory, is there any way to move it all in one piece? For example, if you suddenly realized there was another small building you forgot to put between two existing ones, and there isn't enough room to build it.

I would think it would be possible, at least theoretically. Perhaps GK could write a program... :D
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:35 am

PeteMork wrote:Question: Once you've constructed a building in all its glory, is there any way to move it all in one piece? For example, if you suddenly realized there was another small building you forgot to put between two existing ones, and there isn't enough room to build it.

I would think it would be possible, at least theoretically. Perhaps GK could write a program... :D
Not that I'm aware of. I know there are alot of software options with this game, though, of which I'm ignorant, so I wouldn't be surprised if something like that exists.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:46 am

PeteMork wrote:Question: Once you've constructed a building in all its glory, is there any way to move it all in one piece? For example, if you suddenly realized there was another small building you forgot to put between two existing ones, and there isn't enough room to build it.
With his evident meticulous planning, it isn't likely that ACL would leave anything out. :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:16 pm

dongregg wrote:
With his evident meticulous planning, it isn't likely that ACL would leave anything out. :)
:lol: Oh, you'd be surprised! I've had to undo many an error, some of them very time-consuming. :oops:

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:22 pm

Trajan's Market was basically a big shopping mall. I wonder what Trajan would have thought about our modern malls?

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:41 am

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:06 am

One mindblowing thing after another. :o
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Off Topic”