Minecraft

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
a_contemplative_life

Re: Minecraft

Post by a_contemplative_life » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:10 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:28 am
I've been trying Minecraft. I'm in survival mode, though, not creative mode. The result is I get assistance along the way, such as from this zombie who has come over to help out.
What I had been intending to share is the castle I've been building. See it in the background? It'd be easier to spot were the zombie not trying to remove my head. I'll go for a reshoot once this is cleared up.
It's a fun game! But be careful, it can be addictive! :D

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:05 pm

It will be well worth the wait.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:00 am

It _is_ addictive! After locating a sparsely populated town at the end of a desert, I've built myself a house and expanded it, haphazardly, into a "castle". I've also built up a wall around the town and have worked out how and where to place lights so as to keep the monsters away (monsters come at night in different forms: zombies, spiders, creepers, skeletons). My time on several evenings has been spent securing things and then building up the populace. The town has quickly grown to about sixty villagers.

While I was initially excited by my castle, I'm thinking it could use a thorough redo. I'm to the point of considering simply building another, using the material from the first to build the second.

None of my creations begin to rival yours.

Return to “Off Topic”