Blood donation

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
gkmoberg1

Re: Blood donation

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:08 pm

When our phone rings, it has a speaker that announces who is calling. It uses the 'Caller ID' ability of the phone network. The phone has this female voice that somehow knows how to pronounce the text label supplied by the Caller ID.

When it is the American Red Cross calling us, which just happened 3 minute ago and is the reason why I'm remember to type this to you, the voice says "Amer Red Cross". They call a lot. Apparently I have yummy blood. However when the American Red Cross calls and the voice says "Amer Red Cross", whomever is near the phone usually yells "Dad, it's the vampires calling!" :!: :shock: :twisted:

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:35 am

I'm no expert but have had lots of blood tests.When taking blood or samples of it I think they nearly always use veins.They're the blue ones we see all over the place.They usually use very fine gauge needles and if they know what they're doing it doesn't hurt a bit.They use arteries mostly for gas absorption measurements (sort of rare) or when the limb is so mangled an artery is all that can be used. Arteries are much deep,thicker walled and not so well tethered so they move around a lot.The only way they can find them is with ultra sounds or feeling for the pulse of one.The big difference is that the arterial one hurts like #@%^..."Keep digging boys,it's down there somewhere "..It took 8 tries before they found it.I was black and blue for weeks.They didn't even give me a cookie or drink.. :cry:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:12 am

No cherry Kool-Aid? The brutes.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:48 am

Turns out Eli is very effective at locating the carotid artery. Meet her out back for a quick demo. Both the the external and inner. Sometimes it might take some digging about (ask about her experience with Virginia) but she's well practiced. If you prefer the manual stick approach, she's handy with a razor on your inner arm where she knows the location of your brachial artery (ask about her experience with Tommy). Okay, she might know these terms so don't quiz her on them, but if you point them out to her, she'll get the idea.

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:14 am

Yes Eli would have an intimate knowledge I'd say.Maybe her elongated tongue might help to find the carotid if she made a nice little incision but most of the time she probably just takes a big bite..Yummy.Spits out the large chunk of throat and sucks away.Finger lickin' good.My mother loved to mangle the English language and would call the carotid artery the garroted artery.Sort of makes sense.. :lol: I wonder if just before she sinks her fangs into her victim does she say "this might sting a bit".. :lol: Love Eli.. :wub:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:06 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:When our phone rings, it has a speaker that announces who is calling. It uses the 'Caller ID' ability of the phone network. The phone has this female voice that somehow knows how to pronounce the text label supplied by the Caller ID.

When it is the American Red Cross calling us, which just happened 3 minute ago and is the reason why I'm remember to type this to you, the voice says "Amer Red Cross". They call a lot. Apparently I have yummy blood. However when the American Red Cross calls and the voice says "Amer Red Cross", whomever is near the phone usually yells "Dad, it's the vampires calling!" :!: :shock: :twisted:
Guess who's calling!

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:06 pm

And a picture of these while they're still cooling

these have nothing to do with blood donations. But if you want one, stop by. Soon. Before dark.

Return to “Off Topic”