Happy Star Wars Day

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
gkmoberg1

Re: Happy Star Wars Day

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun May 05, 2013 1:31 pm

oh - right, Opeth, completely missed your meaning. You're right, of course.

Well... yes they left. Symbolically: Oskar escaped. And Eli? Well, Eli returned & rescued (and then left). However you could say that Eli too escaped - since it was a broad daylight exit, which given who it is, is more like an escape than a leaving.

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Sun May 05, 2013 5:15 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:However you could say that Eli too escaped - since it was a broad daylight exit, which given who it is, is more like an escape than a leaving.
I see it differently. If they just fled, I believe they had sufficient time to get from Blackeberg to the central station to catch the (or some) night train. Or they could grab a taxi and just drive. Instead, they use the night to wrap up their Blackeberg existence properly, and then leaves the day after. That they leave on a day train indicates (to me) that they've done some planning and preparation.

In the book, Oskar goes through the process of mentally leaving Blackeberg and his family before he physically does so.
Last edited by drakkar on Mon May 06, 2013 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

EEA

Post by EEA » Sun May 05, 2013 10:20 pm

I think Oskar and Eli did have some plan on how to leave Balckeberg. I think that they both stayed in one of the abandoned buildings that are mention in the novel. They waited there, got their stuff ready and left to the train station.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon May 04, 2020 7:10 pm

"2001 ASO" and "Star Wars" changed everything. :think:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Off Topic”