Films That You Can't Wait To See

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|

danielma

Re: Films That You Can't Wait To See

Post by danielma » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:56 am

1.) Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - Name me one person on this board who isn't curious about this one :D

2.) Red State - Still very curious to see this, I'm curious to see how Kevin Smith bodes outside of his comedy comfort zone

3.) Submarine - Heard Nothing but Good Things thus far...so can't wait to see it next month

4.) The Inbetweeners Movie - Guilty Pleasure is Indeed a Guilty Pleasure :oops: ...I really like the TV series so count me in for the film...I think its going to be one solely for the fans

5.) Melancholia - Whilst not an overly big fan of Von Trier (he's kind of hit and miss a fair amount of time), the trailer for this did make me very curious

6.) A Dangerous Method - David Cronenberg and Viggo Mortensen's third collaboration...sign me up. I'm one of those people who really did like "A History of Violence" and liked even more "Eastern Promises". So I'm very excited to see their third collaboration.

7.) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Whilst we won't get this in Australia untill next year...I am still very keen to check out Fincher's take on this. Will it be a remake or will he live up to the word of a genuine readaption...either way I'm still very keen to see this.

8.) The Thing - I love John Carpenter's remake...if anything its still up there as being one of my favourite Sci-Fi Horror Films...I love the paranoia about that film, and the fact that you don't know who is who. I'm hoping this prequel will live up to that and deliver that same tension mixed with gore (when called for)...I'm really hoping the prequel will be good...I don't want them to fuck this one up, I really want to enjoy this so I'm hoping it is going to be good.

9.) Drive - It gets released in October here in Aus...so I will no doubt get around to seeing it what I can guarantee will be a limited release...is it just me or is Ryan Gosling somewhat the new face of American Indie Cinema. I hope the film can live up to the Awesome trailer that is online for it.

10.) Attack the Block - By the time this gets an Australian release date, I'm sure I will already have it on DVD direct from the Amazon UK

11.) Norwegian Wood
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Just three for me.

1. "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy". There's too many reasons to mention why I want to see this film. Being a big, next project by Tomas Alfredson is a huge reason though.

2. "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". Did not care for original much, but this one looks interesting...as far as remakes go.

3. "World War Z". Normally it would be a renter at best, but Brad Pit in a zombie film?! It's like seeing two drunks fighting downtown...you just have to slow down.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Sumsi

Post by Sumsi » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:23 pm

1. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy ( of course )

2. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

3. Batman 3

4. The Hunger Games
( The book was great, I hope they don't turn into a mass compatible teen movie )

abner_mohl

Post by abner_mohl » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Dark Knight Rises
Girl w/Dragon Tattoo
Prometheus
Superman: Man of Steel
Lillemor
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Larklight (TA's next project)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
The Hobbit II (coming out year after 1st movie)
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magicians Nephew (next announced movie)

the_value_of_x

Post by the_value_of_x » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (for obvious reasons)
Coriolanus
The Untitled Terrence Malick Project
This Must Be The Place
The Iron Lady
She-Monkeys
We Need To Talk Aboyt Kevin
Violet & Daisy
Restless

"If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind."
~Kurt Vonnegut

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Two tins:

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - for obvious reasons.

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn - no matter how it will turn out, I'll be attending the premiere with my lady.
Att fly är livet, att dröja döden.

Do not ask why; ask why not.

DavidZahir

Post by DavidZahir » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Image Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
O let my name be in the Book of Love. If it be there I care not
For that Other great Book above. Strike it out! Or write it in anew--
But let My name be in the Book of Love!
-- Omar Kayam

Theinfected914

Post by Theinfected914 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:52 am

1.) The Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes. I don't know, I kind of want to see where the producers take this.

2.) Woman In Black. I heard about it from this site actually. I don't know, I see a little: Reflective Skin, in it.

3.) Dark Shadows. Okay, I was never born when this series come out, but it sounds ****in' incredible. I saw the first episode on Youtube, and am now awaiting the DVD, though I could only get season one for now. For anyone who grew up watching this, I think Johnny Deep is going to do a killer job playing the part of Barnabas.

*In talks:

Dead Space. I know, I know, movies based off video games never come out right, but I was pleased with Silent Hill and the first two of Resident Evil, so maybe there is hope here. But I do get the feeling that the producers will find a way to mess it up--mostly likely due to budget restraints.

Ghostbusters 3. I can watch all the way to part 10, if it ever went that far, just because of the name>
"But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated."

--Ernest Hemingway

Petris

Post by Petris » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:59 pm

Return to “Off Topic”