Films That You Can't Wait To See

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
Jameron

Re: Films That You Can't Wait To See

Post by Jameron » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:40 pm

gattoparde59 wrote:Yes, I want to see this one, with my New England ancestors.

Reminds me of H.P. Lovecraft "The Colour out of Space."
Ooooh, looks good.

No UK release date yet :(

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

gymmy64

Post by gymmy64 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:35 pm

Jameron wrote:
gattoparde59 wrote:Yes, I want to see this one, with my New England ancestors.

Reminds me of H.P. Lovecraft "The Colour out of Space."
Ooooh, looks good.

No UK release date yet :(

I'm eager to see this one as well. I hoping to catch it next month in either Toronto or Austin.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:10 pm

Just finished the audiobook, can't wait to see the film...
"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

JToede

Post by JToede » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:13 pm

The new Jaws movie comes out 21 Oct 15, this time it's really really personal.
Any questions? See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d68yRIE9OvQ :lol: :lol:
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

Tom

Post by Tom » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:58 pm

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:43 am

A Bigger Splash had a limited release last year, but I never saw that it was in wide release. I'm not going to buy the CD. It looks to be a delicious movie that deserves a big screen.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:04 pm

Oh, tons. I have a list that's probably got fifty movies on it. Some I can think of are When Animals Dream, Sweeney Todd, Suspiria, the new Beauty and the Beast and Rebecca and My Cousin Rachel, The NeverEnding Story, and I'm curious to see A Thousand Splendid Suns even though the book was too depressing for me to be a big fan of it. (Still fantastically written, though.)

Edit: Whoops, I just noticed this thread was posted a few years ago, so it probably meant what films are coming out soon that we want to see. I put a few in there that aren't out yet.
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:53 am

Bloody Mary wrote:Oh, tons. I have a list that's probably got fifty movies on it. Some I can think of are When Animals Dream, Sweeney Todd, Suspiria, the new Beauty and the Beast and Rebecca and My Cousin Rachel, The NeverEnding Story, and I'm curious to see A Thousand Splendid Suns even though the book was too depressing for me to be a big fan of it. (Still fantastically written, though.)

Edit: Whoops, I just noticed this thread was posted a few years ago, so it probably meant what films are coming out soon that we want to see. I put a few in there that aren't out yet.
In a rare intervention as a moderator on this board, think I'll suggest that it's not absolutely necessary to confine yourself to movies that haven't been released yet. If you haven't seen it yet, then you haven't seen it yet, for whatever reason, even if the movie in question is decades old. However, if the movie you can't wait to see HAS been around a while, and you list it here, it could be very interesting to find out (1) why you haven't seen it yet, and (2) what makes you want to see it. :lol:
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:49 pm

'A Man Called Ove'

From the U.S. National Public Radio's Book News & Features A Swedish Curmudgeon Wins Hearts, On The Page, And Now On Screen 2016.09.30

I look forward to checking this out! Anyone read the book?

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:58 pm

sauvin wrote:
Bloody Mary wrote:Oh, tons. I have a list that's probably got fifty movies on it. Some I can think of are When Animals Dream, Sweeney Todd, Suspiria, the new Beauty and the Beast and Rebecca and My Cousin Rachel, The NeverEnding Story, and I'm curious to see A Thousand Splendid Suns even though the book was too depressing for me to be a big fan of it. (Still fantastically written, though.)

In a rare intervention as a moderator on this board, think I'll suggest that it's not absolutely necessary to confine yourself to movies that haven't been released yet. If you haven't seen it yet, then you haven't seen it yet, for whatever reason, even if the movie in question is decades old. However, if the movie you can't wait to see HAS been around a while, and you list it here, it could be very interesting to find out (1) why you haven't seen it yet, and (2) what makes you want to see it. :lol:
I was trying to say that, that I mentioned some that are already out. Mis-worded it. I hadn't heard of most of them until recently, or haven't had a chance to watch them. I want to see The Exorcist too, but can't find anyone who will let me cling to them for about two hours. haha.
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

Return to “Off Topic”