Finding a copy of låt den rätte komma in

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
darman1817

Re: Finding a copy of låt den rätte komma in

Post by darman1817 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:20 am

metoo wrote:The story that I love would be transmogrified into a disgusting mess.
It wouldn't have to be a disgusting mess. What if they kept it a strictly R-rated adult cartoon and maybe employed the same people who made "The MAXX"?
Nightrider wrote:That would be awful....Oh, wait it's been done. Ever see "LET ME IN"?
Hey, I've started to like "Let Me In"! Abby & Owen have grown on me. All that is necessary to make Abby likable is to make up a suitable explanation for why she never turned Thomas.

metoo

Post by metoo » Wed May 04, 2011 4:47 am

darman1817 wrote:
metoo wrote:The story that I love would be transmogrified into a disgusting mess.
It wouldn't have to be a disgusting mess. What if they kept it a strictly R-rated adult cartoon and maybe employed the same people who made "The MAXX"?
Even if made by highly skilled artists, it would have to add stuff not in the LTROI story that would profoundly change the world in which O&E lives, and the reason why they live. Stuff like other vampires that O&E would fight, etc. Again, again, and again, until the original characters of O&E are transformed into some uninteresting superheroes, going from one issue and one set of constructed threats to the next. Otherwise nobody would purchase the comic.
Last edited by metoo on Wed May 04, 2011 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed May 04, 2011 4:48 am

You asked for the original book cover, so here it is. Neat or what? :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

darman1817

Post by darman1817 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:02 am

metoo wrote:
darman1817 wrote:
Even if made by highly skilled artists, it would have to add stuff not in the LTROI story that would profoundly change the world in which O&E lives, and the reason why they live. Stuff like other vampires that O&E would fight, etc. Again, again, and again, until the original characters of O&E are transformed into some uninteresting superheroes, going from one issue and one set of constructed threats to the next. Otherwise nobody would purchase the comic.
I know the story would be diluted. But I just want more E&O. More, MORE, MORE! Why can't I have more?

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed May 04, 2011 5:06 am

darman1817 wrote: I know the story would be diluted. But I just want more E&O. More, MORE, MORE! Why can't I have more?
LTODD will be included in the transelated version of Paperwalls, :D And also!!! It's lots of Fan-Fics herem that's your: MOOREE! I hope it is, it's a lot of good stuff on here. Like Once bitten for example.

darman1817

Post by darman1817 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:26 am

covenant6452 wrote:If you were to contact Ordfront directly they would probably send you a copy for a price.
That is how I got my copy of the Swedish LTODD.
I sent them an email. If they don't respond I'll try making an international call :)
intrige wrote:
darman1817 wrote: I know the story would be diluted. But I just want more E&O. More, MORE, MORE! Why can't I have more?
LTODD will be included in the transelated version of Paperwalls, :D And also!!! It's lots of Fan-Fics herem that's your: MOOREE! I hope it is, it's a lot of good stuff on here. Like Once bitten for example.
I keep the Once Bitten PDF on my home & work computers. I think of it as the book sequel of the movie. :) But like a heroine addict or a Wall Street banker, I still want MORE :!:

metoo

Post by metoo » Wed May 04, 2011 5:30 am

Me, too. That's why I write my own stuff. When I found that re-reading and re-watching LTROI stopped working, I started to write. Works very well, the process is slow, and doesn't necessarily end.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Wed May 04, 2011 5:44 am

metoo wrote:...the process is slow, and doesn't necessarily end.
Continuing for a very long time? .. now I know what the fluid in your avatar is. Very sivilised, I must say! :)
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed May 04, 2011 5:52 am

I also wrote and are still writing on my own events after the movie ends, inspired aftr LTODD even. :) If you want more more more, mabye you should do the very same thing? :P Just a thought ;)

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Wed May 04, 2011 6:33 pm

metoo wrote:
TAPETRVE wrote:Ever read or watched Persepolis?
No. What's the connection with comicifying LTROI?
To prove your point about "turning Oskar and Eli into superheroes" skitsnack ;) .
Att fly är livet, att dröja döden.

Do not ask why; ask why not.

Return to “Off Topic”