Introduction thread

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
a_contemplative_life

Re: Introduction thread

Post by a_contemplative_life » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Truly, you're infected. Welcome! :)

fireplayer

Post by fireplayer » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:14 am

Why is this thread not stickied I wonder? ;)

So me? Who am I? Name's Pete, 36, living a suburb in the southern parts of Stockholm called Tumba.

So Hey peeps. I'm a passionate if not to say obsessed reader and avid collector of John's books and audio books. And well - whatever else I can come across relating to our hero - For me it all started by the place I lived and wandered about - at around 2004 - the coming of the Let the right one (slip) in - Swedish version, that is - I used to live in a small part of Western Stockholm called Grimsta - I had quite a few friends in Blackeberg + there was a kokosboll (chocolate-coated marshmallow treat covered in coconut-flakes) factory called Lincals - used to be the most popular brand for us sweet-tooths out there - that was situated on the back side of a certain building on Ibsengatan. So when I heard the story was about a street I walked by like every day - I just had to check it out. Me, being into Stephen King and his likes - and mostly despicing anything that was even Novel-ish in the Swedish language . I gave it a shot,

...and I couldn't put it down. So after obsessing about knowing EXACTLY where Eli supposedly lived - I had a friend who would have been a next-door neighbor to Eli. And No-one around me really cared - except my girlfriend - who became almost as infatuated as I did... I forgot about it - but didn't love it less. Then came the next boom. "Hanteringen av odöda" ie "Handling the undead" was actually played out EXACTLY where I lived in Grimsta. Now THAT was creepy - I looked out over that Cemetary / Crematory EVERY single day. Need I say I had nightmares. JAL hit every spot he could possibly find in me in that story.

Since then I have simply been hooked. I have bought everything where a story was first printed - apart from a few daily papers which had "Tindalos" and "Gubbens hus" - later to be known as "Antikrundan" in the Swedish version of LTODD. I do have a lot *where's the "Show your collection" thread* ;) Including a few random art books he debuted some short stories in - that later came out in LTODD.

Fav novel / short story would be "Speciella omständigheter" - amazing really creepy short mini novel pretty recently released. Closely followed by Rörelsen which nearly made me pee my pants - and the tie-ins to Himmelstrand are brilliant too...can't wait for X.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Hey, fireplayer.

Welcome to We The Infected :D

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

intrige

Post by intrige » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:01 pm

Welcome fireplayer!!
This forum is awesome! :D Hope you will stay infected for a long time! :D :D :D :)
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:27 pm

Hello fireplayer. :)

I am jealous of your Swedish literacy. I should go back and read Handling the Undead, since I forgot the place names.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:12 am

Welcome to to forum fireplayer. It appears you're going to have some interesting stories to relate to us from your familiarity to JAL's story locations. Good to meet you!

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:58 am

Yes, welcome, and we'd love to hear more about the environs of LTROI from your own perspective! :D

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:12 am

Welcome, fireplayer. Your infection is deep and abiding. You bring a lot to the forum.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

NoxDolor91

Post by NoxDolor91 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:04 pm

Hello everyone,my name is Adrian I first learned about ltroi from the american remake lmi back in 2011.when I first saw lmi I thought eh its a good movie and nothing more,but then I saw it again earlier this year and wanted to learn more about the ltroi/lmi universe and that's how I discovered the fanfics and I've been hooked ever since.I've lurked on this site for about a month or so just to scope out the scene, and I've got to say you guys seem like a pretty cool community.
I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence,or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S Thompson

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:18 pm

NoxDolor91 wrote:Hello everyone,my name is Adrian I first learned about ltroi from the american remake lmi back in 2011.when I first saw lmi I thought eh its a good movie and nothing more,but then I saw it again earlier this year and wanted to learn more about the ltroi/lmi universe and that's how I discovered the fanfics and I've been hooked ever since.I've lurked on this site for about a month or so just to scope out the scene, and I've got to say you guys seem like a pretty cool community.
Yeah, and you seem like a pretty cool new member. Thanks for sharing how you got here and how you decided to join. :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Off Topic”