Introduction thread

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
Wolfchild

Re: Introduction thread

Post by Wolfchild » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:17 am

Bump.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Bumped Again! :)

EEA

Post by EEA » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:04 am

Cool! My name is Evelia. I enjoy reading and playing video games. My favorite writer is Charles Dickens. My favorite book is The Alchemist. My favorite show is The Simpsons.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:38 pm

Bump.

So much insight into who some of the beloved early members are. So many have remained pillars of WTI. Thank you!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Suibhne

Post by Suibhne » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:40 am

Hi everyone, my name is Odin, and despite the name, I'm from Australia, and most of my heritage coming from Ireland. I enjoy buskin' and hoppin' into strangers cars(hitchhiking) and basically just cruisin'. Recently I've spent a lot of time in a Tibetan Buddhist community in the middle of the bush, workin' with the coolest dude/monk I have ever met; he absolutely loves Joni Mitchell and is an awesome guitarist. I have never seen a movie that has touched me on such a personal level as LTROI did. I've never really had a favourite movie before, but now I am infected. The book was also amazing, it has inspired me to start reading again, something I haven't really done too much of in a while. I spend a lot of my spare time playin' mainly guitar, but also didgeridoo. Also I'm a religious Clash fan!
Peace x

Opeth

Post by Opeth » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:09 pm

Hey Odin, welcome - nice to see someone else again close to home. A lot of my family comes from Ireland, heh I used to hitchhike a lot when I was younger - after I finished school I hitchhiked the country. :) Mm didgeridoo, I've been thinking of making one for a while; I made a new kōauau recently out of red deer leg:

http://imgur.com/a/4fPme

Mmm The Clash!

intrige

Post by intrige » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:29 pm

Welcome!!
I have NO reletives in Ireland!! Sure you don't mean Iceland since Odin is such a Nordic name?
Anyway, have never hitch hiked before, but omg a buddhist temple! That is very interesting! How did you get there!? :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Suibhne

Post by Suibhne » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:32 am

Opeth wrote:Hey Odin, welcome - nice to see someone else again close to home. A lot of my family comes from Ireland, heh I used to hitchhike a lot when I was younger - after I finished school I hitchhiked the country. :) Mm didgeridoo, I've been thinking of making one for a while; I made a new kōauau recently out of red deer leg:

http://imgur.com/a/4fPme

Mmm The Clash!
Hi, sure you don't live in Australia? just kiddin', it's our birthright to shit stir each other ain't it? ;) . Got picked up by a Maori dude the other day who was on his way to the gold coast, and stupid me I'm all like "are you born and bread there?" and he's tell me he's only been there for three years, and then it hits me oh right the accent, he's from NZ. Just so use to hearin' the accent haha. A kōauau, never heard of 'em before. Maori instrument I'm guessing? Looks awesome dude! Bamboo make pretty good lightweight didges, or PVC and a heat gun haha!
intrige wrote:Welcome!!
I have NO reletives in Ireland!! Sure you don't mean Iceland since Odin is such a Nordic name?
Anyway, have never hitch hiked before, but omg a buddhist temple! That is very interesting! How did you get there!? :D
Haha yeah I mean Ireland hence Suibhne/Sweeney, not that I give a shit about my heritage much really, I think I was the first one that wasn't raised catholic haha. Still don't really know why I was called Odin. Yeah I've never managed to get my license, and hitchhiking is cheaper anyway haha. It's not really a temple, more just a community. I found it through Wwoof (Willing Workers On Organic Farms), where you just work 4-6 hour a day 5 days a week for food and accommodation. Pretty sure you have the same thing in Norway.
Peace x

intrige

Post by intrige » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:06 am

Dude I don't even know. Not where I life at least, far far up in northern norway. Well thanks for the information, I might look more into it ;)
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

seigezunt

Post by seigezunt » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:59 pm

Ah, here's the introduction thread. Usually they are a sticky, but it got me reading other threads, so all is good.

I'm Bill. Very quickly, I'm a writer and former longtime journalist, father of two.

I love old schlocky movies, and it's my practice of watching old horror movies well into the evening on Halloween. This year, we had Netflix, and LTROI popped up in the queue.

I was blown away. So much so that I abandoned my Halloween plans to watch one or two other movies into the wee hours. Instead, I just sat in the dark for over an hour, digesting the movie.

I haven't been this compulsive about a movie or TV show since My Socalled Life was cancelled. Pleased to see there is a ravenous little coterie of fans.

:wub:
"She can fly, she has amazing and horrifying powers, she isn’t exactly a boy or a girl, she can’t come inside unless she’s invited ... and she loves him. That’s enough."

--Andrew O'Hehir, Salon.com

My LTROI Pinterest Board

Return to “Off Topic”