Introduction thread

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
gareth1971

Re: Introduction thread

Post by gareth1971 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:53 am

Welcome, THXBoy - I havent looked at IMDB boards for ages, so it's nice to see new faces.

Can you verify that our sound system meets your standards? :lol:

I'll get me coat.... :oops:

Struan

Post by Struan » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:02 pm

N.R. Gasan wrote:It's always good to have...uh...new blood. (Sorry...Vampire humor...Couldn't resist. LOL)
Hmmm yeah, that joke was pretty anemic.
*ba-da-dum!*
In a gloomy empty land, with dreary hills ahead.

THXboy

Post by THXboy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:13 pm

gareth1971 wrote:Can you verify that our sound system meets your standards? :lol:
:lol: I like it. The "THXboy" name is an anomaly for me, since this and IMDB are the only two forums I use it on. I made this name a while back out of the sheer obsession I had with the Lucasfilm trailer at the time. I usually go by "Goldash007" on nearly every other forum and board I frequent. For familiarities' sake, I decided to go with the THXboy name here since IMDB regulars may remember some of my posts (although most of them have been erased by now thanks to the huge activity on their LTROI board).
"Past screaming from the rooftops,
We live to survive our paradoxes"

-The Tragically Hip

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:49 pm

THXboy -- good to have you on board. :)

Mr.Sample

Post by Mr.Sample » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:40 am

Hello everyone!

I'd like to seize the occasion to introduce myself. As I have been observing the forum long enough(almost a week), you might reach the conclusion that I'm prone to watch people while they sleep, or secretly listen to the funny sounds they make on the toilet, but I am really not. :D

I'm a 17-year-old infected from the desolate and scenic Hungary(won't hesitate to move to the US/UK after I'm done with my studies). I'm pretty much a movie buff, so as soon as i spotted this film on IMDb(a year ago), I tagged it as a "Must see"(that's the way I assemble the movies I plan to watch 8-) ), but unfortunately, I couldn't watch it 'til last weekend. I bought it last week beside a few other DVDs that I haven't even watched yet due to my obsession over LDRKI/LTROI. In spite of the fact that I have a really consistent top list of movies, this piece of art instantly became No°1. It's an experience waiting for you to live it through. I've watched the movie 4 times so far, and I've already bought the book(in english, because i really need to work on my english and expand my vocabulary), so I've made the steps to develop a grave addiction.

Anyway, I'd like to be more like a member than a stranger peeking the hell out of this community. 8-)
Last edited by Mr.Sample on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:07 am

Hello Mr. Sample,

Oops, I almost misread that last part as "a stranger peeking into the hell that is this community." :D

As long as I am answering you I will introduce myself, again. I live near Philadelphia and I became infected in early may of this year. I now have a hard drive full of all kinds of down loads and my own ravings about the film and the book as well.

Like you I am a movie buff, I guess.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

NaKriege

Post by NaKriege » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:10 am

almost misread that last part as "a stranger peeking into the hell that is this community."

Abandon all hope ye who enter here indeed. :D

Good luck getting back out.

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:55 am

Oy, Mr.Sample, you are already the third Hungarian here, the other two being Microwave Jellyfish and Lelkidoki. Now I just start to wonder why the hell I am the only German here :D .
Att fly är livet, att dröja döden.

Do not ask why; ask why not.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:16 am

Welcome aboard, Mr. Sample. Looking forward to your postings.

moonvibe34

Post by moonvibe34 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:11 am

hello everyone. i apologize for reintroducing myself but in my hunger to absorb the vast info of this incredible forum i overlooked this thread. please let me take this opportunity to "officially" introduce myself. my name is Clint and i live in central Alabama. i've been in love with movies ever since i can remember because i love the stories they tell. i love a great story in any form. i consider my self to be an optimistic realist with a heavy dose of hopeless romantic who loves fiction and fantasy. LTROI with its story and characters has captured my imagination and heart in ways i never dreamed of and has quickly "infected" me to my core. this forum has given me so much and i can only hope to contribute to it in some small way. thank you all for the warm welcome. sincerely, Moonvibe
"But dreams come through stone walls, light up dark rooms, or darken light ones, and their persons make their exits and their entrances as they please, and laugh at locksmiths."
Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

Return to “Off Topic”