Introduction thread

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
NoxDolor91

Re: Introduction thread

Post by NoxDolor91 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:28 pm

Thanks dongregg! :D
I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence,or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S Thompson

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:58 pm

Hi, NoxDolor91, Welcome to We, The Infected. :D

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Hi Adrian. :)

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:25 pm

NoxDolor91 wrote:Hello everyone,my name is Adrian I first learned about ltroi from the american remake lmi back in 2011.when I first saw lmi I thought eh its a good movie and nothing more,but then I saw it again earlier this year and wanted to learn more about the ltroi/lmi universe and that's how I discovered the fanfics and I've been hooked ever since.I've lurked on this site for about a month or so just to scope out the scene, and I've got to say you guys seem like a pretty cool community.
I did the exact same thing back in the day. I spent 3 months without a membership reading ALL the fan-fictions.
It's so far back introduction threads weren't even a thing yet!!
Welcome to the forum! :D

What fan-fics have you read on the forum? :)
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

NoxDolor91

Post by NoxDolor91 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Hey intrige thanks for the welcome! I've read every lmi ff on fan fic.net and i plan to read every ff from here as well but more than anything I've read the different analysis/debates on eli and abby in the ltrio novel and movie sections of this site.also I might add that thanks to you guys I have a different view on eli/abby I kinda always thought she was a manipulative little succubus,but now I see her as an anti hero of some sort. Please recommend any ff so far I've only read set me as a seal from the forum.
I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence,or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S Thompson

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:43 pm

NoxDolor91 wrote:Hey intrige thanks for the welcome! I've read every lmi ff on fan fic.net and i plan to read every ff from here as well but more than anything I've read the different analysis/debates on eli and abby in the ltrio novel and movie sections of this site.also I might add that thanks to you guys I have a different view on eli/abby I kinda always thought she was a manipulative little succubus,but now I see her as an anti hero of some sort. Please recommend any ff so far I've only read set me as a seal from the forum.
Welcome to the forum NoxDolor91!!!

There's a lot of fan fiction that I could recommend, but you might want to just browse the abundant collection we have. We have a lot of great writers here that will bring tears to your eyes, but in a good way. Okay, "Love's Epitaph" might break your heart.

"Set Me as a Seal" is a wonderful story as well and I hope you enjoyed it immensely. I'm thankful that I've gotten to ride along with it this entire time.

You might want to try "Once Bitten" by ACL.

"Oskar's Proposal" and "Eli's Proposal" by PeterMork.

If you like LMI a lot "LMI 2" is always fun to read. After that you could read "Pittsburgh" By gkmoberg1 and "A night on the town" by Mikallein.

EEA has fantastic short stories that are very fun to delve into and "Not Even for Them" by intrige is an interesting read as well.

There's a lot of wonderful stories out there, just go crazy. You're bound to find something.
All of life's journeys come with meetings, partings, and reunions.

NoxDolor91

Post by NoxDolor91 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:23 pm

Awesome will do mishrashade48! :D

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:15 am

Hey NoxDolor91 ! Welcome. It is good to have a new Abby fan on this site.

If you have read all the LMI fanfics at fanfiction.net , then you must have read 'Let Me In 2' by leekyle. What a story! I was so enamored by it that I then wrote Pittsburgh. And recently Mikallein has written a story off of these two.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:47 am

Zambiayum wrote:Hi, I am a newbie to this forum. Please be nice to me.
Hi Zambiayum! Welcome to the We, The Infected forum. You can be sure of nice treatment here because we are all nice.

I wonder if you would share the path that took you to LTROI and then to here? :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Hello, there. Dante here, though you're free to call me Spartan or Alt or any other snippet of my username you like. Seems like I'm always a few days too late to the party, but that just means I get to enjoy the delicious leftovers while the rest of you sleep off your hangovers. Heh.

So I should introduce myself. Almost ten years ago (!!), I was a very young, lonesome kid living in a world that seemed at best indifference and at worst actively hostile. I was repressed, at odds with myself, and surrounded by frustrating questions about life, God, right and wrong, and where I fit in the jigsaw puzzle of life. Typical teenager stuff, basically. But one day, I happened to be browsing the late Roger Ebert's website reading through some of his greatest hits reviews - I was in a horror kind of mood, and gravitated to his glowing praise of the original adaptation of Let the Right One In. I ended up hunting down a subtitled version of the film on the net, and by the end it felt like I'd finally found something I didn't realize I'd been missing: validation that I wasn't the only person who had ever felt lonely, angry, and wishing for somebody - anybody at all - to come along and extend a hand. The hope that one day we'll step outside and begin our way on the path leading us to the Right One.

The next day, I went to my local library and ordered the novel. And in the course of about three days, absorbed and then re-read the contents, gulping it down like a man dying of thirst who has just found a strange, iron-tinged stream to sip from. Lo and behold, the gray hairs and funny smell coming off me (literal or figurative, I'll leave you to decide) slipped away. In Oskar, I'd found a mirror and perhaps also a stand-in for my own insecurities, troubles, and desire for companionship. In Eli & Elias, I found the ideal representation of what could generously be described as an inverted "manic pixie dream girl" escapist fantasy - a collected vampire nightmare boy. Their friendship, two spirits whose loneliness called out to each other and whose love held them fast, was like something out of a personal dream. A dream that, eventually, I made reality for myself. I, too, feel like I've been twelve for a very long time...and I've finally climbed out of that confusing, exhilarating, immense part of my life into something new.

I hunted down the criminally sparse scraps of fanfiction I could find, greedy for more, and was pleased to find that what LtROI lacked in quantity of fan-created material it made up for in quality by a wide margin. Not surprising, really. It takes a special kind of spirit to really engage with LtROI on a personal level, and that kind of spirit led itself to artistic output. Of them all, it was a_contemplative_life/Adeimantus' seminal fan-works, with special note being given to The Hunters, and of course the excellent Once Bitten that really filled the niche I needed. As I grew up, I later learned of and enjoyed Matt Reeve's adaptation, Let Me In, of which I am also a fan, but slowly life overtook me and the world of Blackeberg, Oskar, and Eli slipped away into the corners of my mind. Always present, but not consciously acknowledged.

Recently, I introduced a few close friends to the novel and original adaptation during a shared viewing, and found my passion for LtROI to be as sharp as ever. Sharper, even, after having gone so long without indulging it. So I went back to the old fanfiction.net site and rediscovered Once Bitten, The Hunters, Redemption From Darkness, and so on...and then a little bit of searching later, I found my way here. Christmas came a little early, and though the holiday is past I would consider finding this little community and all its efforts to be something I am thankful for this year.

I hope to contribute some modest pieces of writing in due time, but for now please be satisfied with this lengthy introduction, which hopefully has been an enjoyable use of your time to read through. My infection was dormant for many years, but it's finally come back, more aggressive than ever. It's never felt so good to be so sick.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

Return to “Off Topic”