Introduction thread

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
divinityadieu

Re: Introduction thread

Post by divinityadieu » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:36 pm

Ahh, didn't see this before.

Hello, I'm divinityadieu and I'm from California. I'm currently just a high school student.

I was lurking around the IMDB board of LTROI, but when I saw this forum, I thought I'd have to at least participate a bit here, because this is my favorite film.

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:59 pm

Welcome to our merry little community of infected. Good to see Oskar and Eli grew a knot in your heart, too.
Att fly är livet, att dröja döden.

Do not ask why; ask why not.

stormbringer951

Post by stormbringer951 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:53 pm

Hi, I'm stormbringer951 and I'm 17. I recently read Let the Right One In after some friends talked to me on MSN about seeing the movie. The book's very good (in fact, it's on my good book bookshelf at the moment - I have waaay too many books). I'm in the UK, studying for A levels, playing computer games, reading books and doing the Duke of Edinburgh award. Other internet communities I'm active in (mostly gaming) are Through the Looking Glass, TWCenter and the Zone Survival Guide (all game forums).

Currently reading: Let the Right One In (reread)
Currently playing: Thief The Dark Project
Currently listening: Ghost of a Girl in the Well - Willard Grant Conspiracy

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:07 pm

Welcome to our merry circle of infected. May Team Eli be with you ;) .

N.R. Gasan

Post by N.R. Gasan » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:33 am

Greetings, fellow Infected...

I am N.R. Gasan..."Gasan" was a noted Japanese zen teacher...and "N.R." stands for "Not Really"; hey, I believe in truth in advertising. LOL And, no, I'm not Japanese. I'm a soon-to-be fifty-year-old male native of Newburgh, NY, which is in the southern part of the state, about 60 miles north of Manhattan. Just call me NR.

And I am definitely one of the Infected. I've read the book, got the soundtrack, and bought the DVD...TWICE.
F#$%ing Magnolia and their stupid @$$ "new" subtitles! But I'm not bitter...no, truly, I'm not bitter! LOL As you can tell, I like to joke around, but I'm always mindful of how humor can sometimes back-fire on the Net.

Let The Right One In, in all its forms, has been able to get under my skin the way few other stories ever have. It's so great to be a part of this forum and be able to share views with like-minded folks; good to know that there are many others who've been taken with (or, rather, "infected" by) this beautiful tale. And much praise belongs to Wolfchild for creating and maintaining this top-notch fan site...

All hail Woofy! ::sound of trumpets:: Hey, I told you I like to joke around (truth in advertising). :)

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:48 am

I find it especially interesting to see that LTROI has a lot of "elder" fans as opposed to many other movies that seem to be liked primarily by twentysomething hipsters.

Fine, I AM a twentysomething hipster, but then I'm hardly valid as a standard measurement :D .

gareth1971

Post by gareth1971 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:28 am

It did worry me when I first posted over on IMDB that I would be viewed with scorn over my age, and the total opposite has happened, and it shows that LTROI touches all ages and generations, and all continents.

Sounds like I'm gearing up for a group hug! :lol:

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:42 am

Oh, come on - you're not even 40. As we say here in Suevia:
Only when a man turns forty, he finally turns smart.
:D :D :D :D :D

stormbringer951

Post by stormbringer951 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:16 pm

Welcome to the cult.

lombano

Post by lombano » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:57 pm

A belated introduction: I'm 26, I'm doing a PhD (nothing literary or artistic, I'm afraid) here in the UK though I'm from drier, sunnier and more overcrowded climes (Mexico City). I discovered LTROI by accident, I hadn't even heard of the film, the book, the director or the author - count me among the infected. I'm not usually into horror (though I've read Barker, Poe and a few others), ironically enough. My username is from a very minor character in The Chants of Maldoror.
Bli mig lite.

Return to “Off Topic”