Introduction thread

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
PeteMork

Re: Introduction thread

Post by PeteMork » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:13 pm

Aidan92Ford wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:58 am
Hello there! How are you? Im newbie there:)
Welcome! And feel free to ask us anything at all about either the book or the film(s). There are plenty of 'experts' here, motivated by their love of Eli and Oskar in all their iterations. ;)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Blood

Post by Blood » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:51 pm

Hi all I am Blood. I live in Anaheim, California. I have been a fan of the movie (original) since 2010 it came out and recently got into the habit of reading JAL's books. LTROI (film) was recommended to me by my Anatomy Teacher when I was in high school. The book left me really "infected" as I believe it is called around here so I sought out people to discuss the book with. I am really glad I found this forum. Is there a discord or group chat?

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:11 pm

Blood wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:51 pm
Hi all I am Blood. I live in Anaheim, California. I have been a fan of the movie (original) since 2010 it came out and recently got into the habit of reading JAL's books. LTROI (film) was recommended to me by my Anatomy Teacher when I was in high school. The book left me really "infected" as I believe it is called around here so I sought out people to discuss the book with. I am really glad I found this forum. Is there a discord or group chat?
Welcome! Glad to have you here. :)

There is not a Discord or anything of the like, as far as I'm aware.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

Blood

Post by Blood » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:53 am

Welcome! Glad to have you here. :)

There is not a Discord or anything of the like, as far as I'm aware.
Hey Siggdalos,

Thank you for answering my question. It is a shame that there's no discord but at least we have this forum. I am eager to read all the posts on the forum and dive deep into the fan fiction

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:36 pm

Blood, your movie-first-then-book approach is the same course as with me. I saw the movie and was infected straight off. Good to have you here!

Blood

Post by Blood » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:38 pm

Hey Gkmoberg1!

Over the last 12 years, I've probably shown the movie to about six people that were close to me. When I first saw the film, the impact did not hit me because life was moving so fast for me. I had moved off to college and sought a new life.

When I read the book, my childhood resonated with Oskar's life. I also had a gf at the time that had an even more depressing home life. We ended up depending on each for our escape from the life we lived. However, the end of our relationship wasn't as happy because we didn't end up together. I moved away to attend university and she ended up running away from home to start a new life with her older estranged sister. Several years later, we reconnected. Over the years, we both realized the miserable lives we had as kids and how thankful we were to have met each other during that time. Although I don't think of her as the Eli in my life completely, man did LROI hit me really hard.

Hopefully, I can meet some people on the forum and we can all share our stories

EdwardMatthew

Post by EdwardMatthew » Fri May 19, 2023 1:41 pm

Hello Guys!

My name is Edward Matthew you can all call me Edi.
love to watch movies like addicted to it :D

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Fri May 26, 2023 12:21 am

EdwardMatthew wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 1:41 pm
... addicted to it :D
Trust us - we know what you mean.

Welcome
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Return to “Off Topic”