Last book(s) you read?

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
Vampyr5000

Re: Last book(s) you read?

Post by Vampyr5000 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:02 am

Last book I read was JAL's I Am Behind You. I posted my thoughts on it in a thread on the section of the message board dedicated to the book. Overall I found it entertaining, but to me it was unfocused story-wise in comparison to his other work that I've read.

Before that, I finished a book of short stories called At Fear's Altar by Richard Gavin. Gavin is a Canadian author in the vein of Thomas Ligotti and Robert Aickman. He is also a practicing occultist (something I also have a great interest in) and his experiences in that area inform and illuminate his fiction. If you like short unsettling fiction that packs an esoteric punch, you may like him too. I'm currently reading another book of his called Omens and it's great so far.
"Those with no arms around them often nestle into the cold dry embrace of their seperateness" - Richard Gavin

InfectedFox

Re: Last book(s) you read?

Post by InfectedFox » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:13 pm

Just finishing up Handling the Undead - pretty good so far, not nearly the quality of LtRoI or Harbor, but it's a very interesting take on the genre.

Think next I'll reread The Stand by Stephen King. Been several years since I reread it. After that, Going to finally read Between Two Fires by Christopher Buehlman, I've heard good things about it. Historical - or even just fantasy - based horror is hard to come by.

Return to “Off Topic”