Last DVD/Movie you bought or watched?

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
PeteMork

Re: Last DVD/Movie you bought or watched?

Post by PeteMork » Sun May 28, 2017 1:17 pm

gattoparde59 wrote:Logan

I suspect I am not the first person to say that the defining moment in this movie is when A little girl walks out carrying a man's head, which she then sends bowling through the dust. Does this remind me of Eli and Eleven? Yes. Yes it does!
Yep. Up to that moment, her powers were 'speculative' at best. :)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Mon May 29, 2017 2:14 am

Directed by Martin Scorsese. An undercover cop and a mole in the police attempt to identify each other while infiltrating an Irish gang in South Boston.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Mon May 29, 2017 8:43 am

John Wick:Chapter 2

Not as good a story as the first one, but still enjoyable.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Mon May 29, 2017 8:47 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:Image

Directed by Martin Scorsese. An undercover cop and a mole in the police attempt to identify each other while infiltrating an Irish gang in South Boston.
Sorry to be so negative, but this is a shadow of the trilogy that inspired it.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Tue May 30, 2017 4:19 am

Dark and creepy...
I have to respectfully disagree. After seeing this, I have to say that no other movie worked so hard to be so bad. The entire crew had less survival instincts than drunken teens in a slasher flick. There's no tension or horror when most of the movie felt like a bloodier three stooges routine. Every alien scene felt like a call back to past better movies. By the end it just felt sad watching the characters get turned into bloody pulps, like watching baby ducklings try to waddle across a highway. And any tension in the final act was undercut by seeing the last twist coming a mile away.

Horrible plot, forgettable characters, half-baked themes, this is mystery science theater material.
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed May 31, 2017 1:06 am

cmfireflies wrote:

Dark and creepy...
I have to respectfully disagree. After seeing this, I have to say that no other movie worked so hard to be so bad. The entire crew had less survival instincts than drunken teens in a slasher flick. There's no tension or horror when most of the movie felt like a bloodier three stooges routine. Every alien scene felt like a call back to past better movies. By the end it just felt sad watching the characters get turned into bloody pulps, like watching baby ducklings try to waddle across a highway. And any tension in the final act was undercut by seeing the last twist coming a mile away.

Horrible plot, forgettable characters, half-baked themes, this is mystery science theater material.
True.

But the white aliens were creepy.

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:45 pm

After the first two Alien movies I have pretty much skipped the rest. Looks like I didn't miss much.

The Last Survivors.
Post-Apocalyptic B movie on NetFlix. This time the problem is drought and a water shortage. The bad guy in this one is sucking up all the remaining water and working hard to decrease the surplus population. I liked it but I wonder why the futuristic waste land is in Oregon. Why not the US south west?

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:41 pm

John Wick Chapter 2

Fun slaughterfest, not to be taken seriously.

Logan

R rated capefilms, so much better than the PG13 tripe.

Tideland

Weird and disturbing, and unsurprisingly ... directed by Terry Gilliam.

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:33 am

THE LAST OF US It's a game not a movie but one of the best stories I've seen in awhile.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:21 pm

This is a very intense film, well worth watching.

Return to “Off Topic”