Last DVD/Movie you bought or watched?

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
gkmoberg1

Re: Last DVD/Movie you bought or watched?

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:22 pm

gattoparde59 wrote:Manhunt: Unabomber.

They took an historical event and translated it into pop culture terms. In this case they lifted plot from the several Hannibal Lecter stories, especially Manhunter with William Peterson and the remake Red Dragon with Edward Norton. I definitely thought of those movies while watching this series. Oh, and of course Silence of the Lambs.
I have never watched Silence of the Lambs simply because I like to be able to sleep at night.

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:45 am

Centurion.

The Romans versus the Picts in this dumb, and bloody, action movie. Game of Thrones people were involved in this mishmash of various sword and sorcery epics.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:39 pm

Two days ago I went to see the 4K remaster of Robocop...

And today I saw the 4K remaster of Terminator 2, in 3D...

I've seen these films a few times but never on the "big screen", and never in the case of T2, in 3D :mrgreen:

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

EEA

Post by EEA » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:45 am

Nosferatu, Suspense, and The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

EEA

Post by EEA » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:41 pm

Dead Man Walking.

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:08 am

An oldie but such a goodie..The Maltese Falcon.Just love the dialogue ."When you're slapped,you'll take it and like it".. :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:21 am

ltroifanatic wrote:An oldie but such a goodie..The Maltese Falcon.Just love the dialogue ."When you're slapped,you'll take it and like it".. :D
Love Bogart and Greenstreet in it. Mary Astor nails her role -- a high class actress! -- but I was not as comfortable with her as I was with the rest of cast.

But that's just me. I've watched this thoroughly satisfying film many times.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:25 pm

The Voices with Ryan Reynolds...

"Weird and funny" with an interesting representation of psychosis.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

EEA

Post by EEA » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:51 pm

American Horror Story season 1.

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:04 pm

Top of the Lake: China Girl.

Not as good as the Original Top of the Lake, but has many of the same themes of pregnancy, parenthood, scummy men and loony feminists. Again starring the long suffering Elizabeth Moss. I was disappointed with Gwendoline Christie whose job seemed to be standing around and being goofy in her police gear. My favorite character was the Asian woman who manages a brothel. She is kind of a house mother at the "shop" and she becomes increasingly appalled and opposed to the behavior of the bad guy owner of the brothel.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

Return to “Off Topic”