Last DVD/Movie you bought or watched?

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
sauvin

Re: Last DVD/Movie you bought or watched?

Post by sauvin » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:34 pm

A fairly obscure Swedish movie with Swedish dialog and decent English subtitles on Hulu. Strange little gem, kinda slow and quiet, about a little girl with an unusual diet who makes friends with a little boy people don't seem to like.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:50 pm

sauvin wrote:A fairly obscure Swedish movie with Swedish dialog and decent English subtitles on Hulu. Strange little gem, kinda slow and quiet, about a little girl with an unusual diet who makes friends with a little boy people don't seem to like.
Ronja Rövardotter?

;)
"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

EEA

Post by EEA » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:31 pm

Abre tus Ojos. A pretty great movie, a movie that I wanted to see when I was a kid, it was worth the wait.

EEA

Post by EEA » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:15 pm

Quarantine.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:42 pm

EEA wrote:Quarantine.
Have you seen the original "Rec"?

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

EEA

Post by EEA » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:14 am

Jameron wrote:

Yes, saw it afterwards, I liked it more, it was more scary. I plan to see REC 2 since I read that it got good reviews. The other two movies from the franchise I might just see REC 4.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:09 pm

EEA wrote:
Jameron wrote:

Yes, saw it afterwards, I liked it more, it was more scary. I plan to see REC 2 since I read that it got good reviews. The other two movies from the franchise I might just see REC 4.
Rec2 is on a level with Rec (very claustrophobic, jump scares done properly). Rec3 ... not so much. I've not seen Rec4.

EEA

Post by EEA » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:58 pm

REC 4 was ok, but not up to par with REC 1 and REC 2 that were well done and really scary. The other two movies should have kept the same one camera narrator, and they could have worked well, do not understand why they chose to change that.

kory dean

Post by kory dean » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:19 am

The Mummy (2017). I'd better stick with the original one and 1999 version.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:17 pm

kory dean wrote:The Mummy (2017). I'd better stick with the original one and 1999 version.
kory dean! Welcome to the forum. I hope you find a lot of interesting things here. :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Off Topic”