Article About Per Ragner

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
abner_mohl

Article About Per Ragner

Post by abner_mohl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:24 am

Found an article about Per Ragner at a Swedish web site dated 9/15/2010. Ragner was doing a play including his monologues about Hitler, and a nationalist group called the Swedes Party did not like it and disrupted the play.

http://www.blt.se/noje_o_kultur/per-rag ... 6575%29.gm

Google Translation: (corrected a name change, Google for some reason changes Per Ragnar to Spalding Gray)
http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... l=sv&tl=en
Per Ragnar Continues To Stir The Pot

Only 16 people attended the premiere in Eslöv. And the following day, the little Svalöv, called the police. But Per Ragnar is not afraid. Not even when his latest show reaches Sölvesborg and Blekinge on Friday.

Per Ragnar and musicians Idde Schultz and Sulo is currently out on a tour with the theme of solidarity.
Something that was not appreciated by the Swedes' Party during the trio's performance Svalöv two weeks ago, stormed into the room. Party members appeared messy and bands including Per Ragnar's monologue from the hit show on Hitler's round table conversations. Artists Sulo, who has composed several poems, Per Ragnar to the show, was shocked afterwards. - Swedish Party had put up notes on all the cars in the parking lot and also entered the People's House and pre-recorded. The police said they would be around us at our hotel, and if we were going out to eat. One is shocked and does not believe that things will happen, "said Sulo for Expressen. Per Ragnar itself is fairly quiet with the resurrection. He did not think it would be so much fuss over a tour which is really just a slip off before a long bend on the road this fall.

- We are doing some sort of a smorgasbord of my career. Some monologues and so I read texts from Hede Villagers, The Little Little Match Girl, and so on. Then Sulo has composed some of my old poems and I never thought I would experience my poems that pop and rock music, but Sulo and Idde Schultz has done a good job, "he says. The songs are now on a CD that came with Per Ragnar's latest book, the acclaimed, if a thousand stars. The new edition of the book has gone on like butter in sunshine. So it certainly seems to be great interest also for my poems. Which is odd. I have not written a poem in 30 years, "says Per Ragnar. He is equally modest when it comes to the show, which reaches Sölvesborg on Friday.

- There is always excitement when Hitler's name is mentioned in this case, it has become too much focus on my monologue. I've previously built an entire show on Hitler's unique round table discussion in högkvartetet in the 1940s. It was never intended that these talks would be eternal. Hitler was sitting at dinner with his closest and it was never about a call, but more a kind of strange monologue. Hitler thought highly and his two shorthand plit down every single word. There was no address to the nation, but only Hitler's thoughts flowed freely, "says Per Ragnar.

He emphasizes that the monologue is part of the show and that it is not about pointers. However, on substance. - I recite only Hitler's own words, then let the listeners her own opinion. The goal of the show is otherwise healthy mixing of my career. I got an offer to hang with Sulo and Idde Schultz and it was exactly what I did, I was hanging with. Katrineholm Courier newspaper were of a good title for our show, "Jokes and seriously when drama meets pop '. It was clear as a bell.

He acknowledges that it ultimately was exciting to try a new tack. - I have never done anything like this before, and it's damn cool to be on tour with a band of musicians. After this, I have done everything and can add to, Per Ragnar says with a laugh. Curiosity is still there. He can call themselves television producer, writer, actor and lecturer, but chooses to call itself a curiosity seeker. " - I realize that everything is impermanent and that one must be grateful for the time be allocated. Furthermore, I must acknowledge that it was incredibly awesome to experience the impact of the film Let the Right One In was, "says Per Ragnar.

Wolfchild

Re: Article About Per Ragner

Post by Wolfchild » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:02 pm

I'd love to do an interview with Per Ragnar, similar to the one I did with Johan Söderqvist. I can't find any contact info for Per though. Even his own web site doesn't list a contact email. :(
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

abner_mohl

Re: Article About Per Ragner

Post by abner_mohl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Maybe you could contact whoever is sponsoring his current tour. Just found this posted a couple of hours ago of a another performance:

http://hd.se/landskrona/2010/09/21/beju ... a-folkets/
Fêted show at the House of the People in Svalöv

NEW SCHOOL YEAR. Actor Per Ragnar performed a few days ago along with musician and composer and singer Sulo Idde Schultz at a popular Svalöv Community Centre.

About one hundred visitors were told Bosse Parnevik classic poem about immigrants. Spalding Gray gave samples of his critically acclaimed show Hitler's table talks and the audience got to hear him reflect on the concept of neo-Nazism. Class society was highlighted in a delightful tale from Hede villagers by Sven Delblanc. The audience was also given a whole new approach to "Luther on our shoulders."

Artists Sulo is a versatile man who wrote the music for both icon Brian Wilson and the writer Ernst Brunner. Now the audience got to listen to poems set to music by Per Ragnar, who was raised for the first time together with the wonderful singer Idde Schultz.

The show lasted about 80 minutes and ended with thunderous applause from the very mixed audience.
Again Google Translate changes his name to Spalding Gray, I wonder if that is the English transliteration of Per Ragnar.

Return to “Off Topic”