A Contesty-type-thingy!

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
covenant6452

A Contesty-type-thingy!

Post by covenant6452 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:24 pm

Many of you may have heard of my upcoming Viking Raid to Sweden where I will be meeting up with drakkar and Stefl (Anyone else?) for a weekend of axe-wielding, wenchery, and mostly LTROI inspired Tomfoolery.
We'll be spending the first weekend walking around Blackeberg, slaughtering beerson and visiting the locations used in the novel and film, taking loads of photos and a whack of video as we go, before I head off on my own for the northern climes to visit the locations up there as best I can.

Well, I got to thinking that I wanted to do something to involve the good people here in some way with my trip and this is one of the ideas I've come up with...
We're gonna have a contesty-type-thingy! With a prize and all!

What I will do while on my Scandi-fest is post a series of photos from my trip here in this thread, but...hidden somewhere in each photo will be a cleverly concealed Rubik's cube! I'll try to keep it difficult, yet not impossible. Having those 6 colours for camouflage should help.
The "infected" who finds the most of the cubes first will win an original piece of signed LTROI "SeanArt", :D no ego here!
I would like to post one of these every day, but we'll see how that goes depending on whether I find a connection on that day.
The drawing will be something I haven't started yet, I think it will be best to do it after the trip as something there may be of great inspiration.
But I will do my best to make sure it is of a prize-worthy quality!

OK Now I'll make this sentence HUGE instead of just large...

Please post your answers in the thread so evereyone can see the time it was posted.

So good luck if you choose to take part!
I'll start posting the photos on or about the 19th of this month...
Sean.
Last edited by covenant6452 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Du måste bjuda in mig...or else!

PeteMork

Re: A Contesty-type-thingy!

Post by PeteMork » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:11 pm

covenant6452 wrote:....What I will do while on my Scandi-fest is post a series of photos from my trip here in this thread, but...hidden somewhere in each photo will be a cleverly concealed Rubik's cube! I'll try to keep it difficult, yet not impossible. Having thosse 6 colours for camouflage should help.
The "infected" who finds the most of the cubes first will win an original piece of signed LTROI "SeanArt", :D no ego here!
I would like to post one of these every day, but we'll see how that goes depending on whether I find a connection on that day.
The drawing will be something I haven't started yet, I think it will be best to do it after the trip as something there may be of great inspiration.
But I will do my best to make sure it is of a prize-worthy quality!

So good luck if you choose to take part!
I'll start posting the photos on or about the 19th of this month...
Sean.
What a great idea! I'm in! :ugeek:
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:34 pm

Sounds good, if you really want to invest the time.

The roaming cube, or "Where's Rubiko?"

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:13 am

Cool! This sounds like fun. I can see that picture hanging on my wall already... :D

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:39 am

covenant6452 wrote:What I will do while on my Scandi-fest is post a series of photos from my trip here in this thread, but...hidden somewhere in each photo will be a cleverly concealed Rubik's cube! I'll try to keep it difficult, yet not impossible. Having thosse 6 colours for camouflage should help.
have you ever considered CGI? :P
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

covenant6452

Post by covenant6452 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:46 pm

drakkar wrote:have you ever considered CGI?
Do you mean putting the cube in the photos digitally? :think:
Well that would take all the fun out of actually doing it, wouldn't it?
Du måste bjuda in mig...or else!

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:56 pm

covenant6452 wrote:Do you mean putting the cube in the photos digitally? :think:
Well that would take all the fun out of actually doing it, wouldn't it?
Yes, and it would also be cheating. After a couple of weeks and fourteen hidden cube pictures, I fear this question could rise anyway, so I thought it was a good idea to get it over with once and for all before you embark on your journey. :mrgreen:
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

hillerr

Post by hillerr » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:05 am

Ooh I'm jealous. Have a great time for me!

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:53 am

covenant6452 wrote:The "infected" who finds the most of the cubes first will win an original piece of signed LTROI "SeanArt", :D no ego here!
So how do the mechanics of this work? Is it the first person who posts finding the cube? Or should people PM their responses to you?
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Am I the only one reminded of the Find-The-Fish segment from The Meaning of Life?
OK, this thread is now in this new forum section, where only Covenant will be able to edit his own posts. (Well, he and certain people with God-like powers.) Also, only registered users can read this section. Once this thing is done with, I'll move this thread to the Off-Topic section, where it will then behave like any other thread.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Return to “Off Topic”