What are you listening to?

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
ltroifanatic

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by ltroifanatic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:38 am

Hi Spartan and welcome to the forum.I really liked your choice of music,especially the first two.So strange and lovely just like our Eli.I'm sure you've listened to the LTROI soundtrack.Every time I listen to it I remember lovely little bits of the movie (and book).For me its really inspirational.I read your intro post and you're in the right place if you need any help with your story.This place is packed to the rafters with talent (lol..I'm the exception) and I come here most days to read the fantastic FF and posts.I always come away with fascinating insights and facets of the story that I hadn't even thought of.It's like Disneyland for the infected :lol: I love it here. :wub: So we wait with bated breath for your FF. :) We need some new blood in here.. :twisted: :lol:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:39 am

Nice collection. I especially like the first one -- haunting and beautiful. But then, there's always been a special place in my heart for the Silent Hill series.
I've used several pieces of music for inspiration myself--sometimes just the right thing to break up a logjam. :D The following two come to mind, used to help inspire me in two very distinct portions of my own Eli and Oskar sagas:
and:
P.S. To make the video player appear, simply bracket the actual YouTube ID number in brackets, like this:

(youtube)izQsgE0L450(/youtube)

just replace the parentheses in the example with brackets and you're good to go.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:35 am

We know your secret now.You right great stories because you listen to great music.Thanks so much.Have to go now and get more tissues. :lol: No I'm not crying it's hay fever (sniffle)..Ok..maybe a tear or two. :oops: :lol:

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:08 pm

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

metoo

Post by metoo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Here's a song that I'm sure both Oskar and Eli would have liked:
This idea, of course, is based on the tune they both liked in the novel: Flickan i Hagen.

Part of the chorus:
När tvenne hjärtan slå samma slag
Då har man lärt sig som du och jag
Det måste vara kärlek som prövats
Innan tvenne hjärtan övats
För evigt slå samma slag

My very literal translation:
When two hearts beat the same beats
Then one has learnt, like me and you
It has to be love that has been tried
Before two hearts have been trained (to)
For ever beat the same beats
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:59 am

Thanks Metoo.What a lovely little toe tapping song.Their voices blend so well together and the band is tight.It makes me feel happy listening to it.I'll feel nice for the rest of the day.OK I'll risk it..tack.. :lol: thanks for sharing.

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:46 pm

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

metoo

Post by metoo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:21 pm

So, when we have listened to Kungsholmens gymnasiums kammarkör, we might continue with a Swedish and a Norwegian singer:
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:57 am

These songs are just so beautiful.They give me hope for mankind.We must be doing something right to be able to create such beauty.That last Helga Natt that Jussi Bjorling sings ripped my heart out it was so powerful.Thanks very much :wub:

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:45 am

Thanks, metto. Chills, then tears, then chills again. :wub:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Off Topic”