'The Brothers Lionheart': Thomas Vinterberg To Adapt Book For TV

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
Siggdalos

'The Brothers Lionheart': Thomas Vinterberg To Adapt Book For TV

Post by Siggdalos » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:18 pm

https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-brothe ... 235848297/
Independent studio Media Res (The Morning Show) has enlisted Oscar-winning filmmaker Thomas Vinterberg (Another Round) to spearhead a TV adaptation of the Astrid Lindgren‘s beloved children’s fantasy novel The Brothers Lionheart into an event limited series.

The Danish filmmaker will direct the potential family series, which he will co-write with Tony and Olivier Award playwight Simon Stephens (Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime). Both will serve as executive producers, alongside Michael Ellenberg, Lars Blomgren and Lindsey Springer of Media Res, as well as The Astrid Lindgren Company. Development on the project begins this month.

[...]

The Brothers Lionheart is possibly the most important cultural legacy from my parents’ generation,” [Vinterberg] said. “It stands as a milestone from my childhood, shining vividly in my memory. The project is a great responsibility and, at the same time, a significant dream-come-true to create the series based on this immense and moving tale – and in that way, help pass it on to my children’s generation.”

This marks the first announced project for Media Res International which was launched a little over a year ago with the hire of Lars Blomgren. Media Res, which acquired the Brothers Lionheart book in a competitive situation last year, recently received an investment from RedBird IMI for further expansion in both its domestic and international scripted initiatives.
Only sharing this here because it likely means the death knell of TA and JAL's long-shelved idea of making a new movie adaptation of the book.

Return to “Off Topic”