A Thank You

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
Hassildor

A Thank You

Post by Hassildor » Wed May 17, 2023 5:04 pm

I know I haven't been very active over the years, but I was thinking about this place today at work and thought I'd pop in.

I first latched onto LTROI after an intense high school breakup with, unbeknownst to me at the time, the love of my life. I shared a lot of traits with Oskar. They shared many with Eli ... pretty sure they aren't a centuries-old vampire though. My infection helped me come to terms with the end of that first romance, crystallizing those intense feelings of love and loss.

Last year I met that person again at a reunion and realized the past decade had done nothing to blunt those feelings. Far from it. We were both still very much in love with one another. Following an unusually fortuitous series of events that often felt straight out of a romantic comedy, I'm now happily married to them.

Let the Right One In will always have a place in my heart as the story that both shaped my youth and helped carry me back to my own true love. Thank you John for writing the book I so desperately needed as a teenager! Thank you all for creating such a wonderful little community! It feels almost ridiculous to say I owe my current happiness to this story, but it was certainly a constant companion along the way there.

cmfireflies

Re: A Thank You

Post by cmfireflies » Wed May 17, 2023 8:22 pm

D'awww that's such a sweet story. I'm glad it worked out for you.
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

Hassildor

Post by Hassildor » Thu May 18, 2023 5:56 pm

:D Thanks! I'm obviously glad it did too.

EdwardMatthew

Post by EdwardMatthew » Fri May 19, 2023 1:49 pm

It's heartwarming to hear how this particular book influenced your life. Thank you for sharing your story! :)

intrige

Post by intrige » Sun May 21, 2023 3:43 am

That's so sweet, sometimes love finds a way! I hope you have a long and happy marrige! :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Fri May 26, 2023 12:23 am

Hassildor wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:04 pm
Thank you all for creating such a wonderful little community!
You yourself helped create this community. Thank you as well!

woof
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Hassildor

Post by Hassildor » Tue May 30, 2023 3:37 pm

EdwardMatthew wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 1:49 pm
It's heartwarming to hear how this particular book influenced your life. Thank you for sharing your story! :)
Of course! I thought the people still here after so many years might appreciate it.
intrige wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 3:43 am
That's so sweet, sometimes love finds a way! I hope you have a long and happy marrige! :D
Thank you! In this case, it did indeed!
Wolfchild wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 12:23 am
Hassildor wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:04 pm
Thank you all for creating such a wonderful little community!
You yourself helped create this community. Thank you as well!

woof
It wouldn't have existed without you though. Thanks!!

Return to “Off Topic”