Orbits Align Today. Happy Birthday Intrige!

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
Ingenting-ing

Orbits Align Today. Happy Birthday Intrige!

Post by Ingenting-ing » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:36 am

We all have our orbits. With all their various periods, inclinations, and timing. Our human orbits, if we're lucky, once in a while create spectacular collisions. Full of light, heat, creation of the new, destruction of the old. I'm here to recognize, once again, the collision of Intrige with this world, 28 years ago today. But also, the unlikely and miraculous collision of her with all of us. And of all of us together, with this story, with each other. Incredibly unlikely, and yet, here we are! So...

:D :D :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY INTRIGE!!! :D :D :D

Last year, you mentioned that, because of some struggles, you feel young compared to your years. I've been thinking about that idea. Of course, age in number, "young" and "old" -- those are just words. Without context, empty of meaning. The context that I know you through, it's here, on this forum. When I joined you were 17. And for as long as I've known you, your participation has always demonstrated consistency, compassion, insight, and a wisdom beyond your numeric age. If I had to choose one word, you demonstrate great maturity. So I want to celebrate your numeric age, your youth as you perceive it. But also your adult-ness, which has always been apparent to those of us who have known you here. A belated welcome to the club of grown-ups! You were kinda here from the beginning. :-]
Är du här igen?

gkmoberg1

Re: Orbits Align Today. Happy Birthday Intrige!

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:09 am

That was lovely, @Ingenting-ing . @intrige, wherever you are hanging out today or, err, yesterday (I suppose it all depends on where we stand, scattered across the globe in our time zones, pondering whether it's time yet for tea and cake) , I hope your day is/was/willbe a delight. Take care!

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:50 am

There it is! I was worried you forgot! But you didn't, makes me feel remembered :)

It's funny how our orbits are so digital, like our orbits have expanded so much. Yet, it is so very real. Ah yes, muturity, maybe I will never feel truly muture? Parhaps that is a good thing. If I do, I might be lucky enough to be old and withered. Maybe everything around us will collapse before then, and I'll tell my grandkids about the little nternet forum called we, the infected.

I had a very nice birthday, with the people I live. Got flowers, ate and was merry. Got loafers from my parents. Y'all probably don't know this but electrisity has become quite expencive in norway. So it is a very good gift.
Another year, another inch towards getting better. Oh how I'll rattle the wolrd around me when that day comes! But for now I'll just look like the laziest person ever, from the outside. ;)
Thanks old friends :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:54 pm

"Oh but I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now."
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Off Topic”