WTI Meetups?

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
BurgerPrince

WTI Meetups?

Post by BurgerPrince » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:52 am

I'm aware this forum used to hold virtual meetups for viewing the films and even an IRL meetup a few years ago. I'm curious if any future ones are scheduled?

Not that I would request an IRL one during the pandemic.
...But if you meet a friendly horse, will you communicate by Morse?

gkmoberg1

Re: WTI Meetups?

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:07 am

We did one that I recall being part of, and there may as well have been others. The procedure we used, if I can recall, was we each queued up the video to start at the same time on our separate players. And we used a chat service to talk about the movie as it progressed. It worked fairly well.

If there enough of us interested, we could work out a way to do something similar.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:12 am

Not to mention our in-person meet ups in Brooklyn and Austin for the play. :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

BurgerPrince

Post by BurgerPrince » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:33 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:07 am
We did one that I recall being part of, and there may as well have been others. The procedure we used, if I can recall, was we each queued up the video to start at the same time on our separate players. And we used a chat service to talk about the movie as it progressed. It worked fairly well.

If there enough of us interested, we could work out a way to do something similar.
Sounds like an interesting set-up.
dongregg wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:12 am
Not to mention our in-person meet ups in Brooklyn and Austin for the play. :)
I never saw any of the plays. I'd like to check one out in NY when it's safe and if there are any future productions.
...But if you meet a friendly horse, will you communicate by Morse?

Return to “Off Topic”