Small chance of another Lindqvist limited from Suntup

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
CyberGhostface

Small chance of another Lindqvist limited from Suntup

Post by CyberGhostface » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:13 pm

Suntup has released another announcement e-mail where they send teases for future books. August's book reads:
A haunting tale that seamlessly blends the supernatural with real-life horrors of grief and loss. We are delighted to be publishing another book by this author. The book is available in three states: Lettered, Numbered and Artist. The Lettered edition is limited to 26 copies, the Numbered edition is limited to 350 copies, and the Artist edition is limited to 1000 copies. All editions are signed by the author and artist.
Because of this one of the more popular guesses is that the book will be either Harbor or Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist.

I will say that I am a bit doubtful, in part because I don't don't see JAL signing over a thousand books. Regardless if this turns out to be true I will notify you all.
No banaaaanas?

Siggdalos

Re: Small chance of another Lindqvist limited from Suntup

Post by Siggdalos » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:38 pm

Certainly sounds like it could be HTU, and from a business standpoint it could make sense to release a special edition what with the film on the horizon (though that's of course still a ways away). I'd be really curious to see professional artist interpretations of some of the scenes in HTU and The Final Handling. I'd be even more interested in an illustrated version of Harbour, but to my knowledge HTU is the much more popular of the two.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:59 pm

I’m hoping they do Little Star eventually, that’s a book I always request.

Just not too soon because I really can’t afford expensive books at the moment. :?
No banaaaanas?

danielmann861

Post by danielmann861 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:12 pm

Handling the Undead might make sense...especially if they threw in The Final Handling much the same way they threw LTODD into their edition of LTROI

If it is John related then I definitely will buy whatever it is to add it to my collection. But we will see. Who else horror wise have they done that might have another book that would make the collection?

And yes, I would love if they picked up Little Star at some point. Still my favorite of all of John's work thus far.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:07 pm

No official news but based on what I’ve heard it looks like this isn’t going to be Lindqvist but another author they’ve done before, Ania Ahlborn. Sorry everyone. :(
No banaaaanas?

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:30 pm

The publisher just confirmed that this will be the third book by the author they've done which rules out Lindqvist.

Hopefully Lindqvist will get something new in the future...
No banaaaanas?

Return to “Off Topic”